||00||

|Many years ago|

Heavy footsteps pounded against the forest floor, branches forcefully swaying to the side as the pack ran. An outburst of giggles filled the ears of the pack as the little infant trampled through the bushes, hurrying to keep up with the wolves. Brown locks bounced and flung around her, big doe eyes peering through the mass of curls to see the furry creatures not too far ahead.

Small feet suddenly came to a halt, one hand lay against the bark of the nearest tree, the other placed on her knee as she took big inhales of air. A small frown replaced her previous smile as she watched the wolves speed onward.

A wet snout pressed against the infant's lower back, waiting for her to catch her breath. Big doe eyes met piercing black eyes before the wolf shifted his head to her behind, gently hoisting her onto his back.

The little girl sighed contently, pressing her face into the back of the wolf's neck, nuzzling into the fur as it accelerated to catch up with the rest of the pack.

A young Billy Black stood alongside the rest of the tribal council, the sun setting along the horizon on La Push. Laughter filled the air as the council's offspring ran along the shore. The little girl stared sadly at Billy before she ran to latch onto his leg, tears pooling in her eyes.

Billy chuckled, smiling down at the big doe eyed infant.

"Don't worry little one, I'll see you again some day." He reassured gently, ruffling her mattered curls before ushering her forwards.

The girl looked up at the woman who held her hand out to her, her face resembling the infants almost symmetrically. She offered a small smile as the girl linked her hand with hers, before turning to walk away.

The infant looked back over her shoulder, taking one last glance at the tribe with a tear-stained face.