||21||

"hands in your hair, fingers and thumbs
baby..."
- Hearts don't break around here by Ed Sheeran

The black wolf stared into emotionless eyes, not recognising the girl before him

The black wolf stared into emotionless eyes, not recognising the girl before him. He knew they had over-stepped a line. With aims to protect their own treaty, they had corrupted another. The Octavian treaty, the safe-land - considered a paradise for all species. No disagreements, no raging wars, no hatred could be brought there, all negativity would be forgotten when close to an Octavian, they were the peacekeepers. The Quileute tribe were banished.

Forbidden to step foot into this sacred land, no longer welcome. What concerned him more was the Octavian herself, they had corrupted her.

Sam turned, slowly retreating alongside the other pack members. Tori watched them leave, a blank expression on her face as she listened to their paws pad against the dry forest floor. She turned to face the siblings, observing them all over, checking for injuries. She slowly stepped off the grass crossing over onto the soft sand. A heavy sigh left her lips as she gazed past the siblings, watching the waves crash against the shore in the distance, breathing in the salty air.

"You guys okay?" her voice called out loud and clear, yet emotionless. Emmett scoffed at the girl. Her gaze turned to him, confused by his response. "You're asking us if we're okay..."

The girl didn't respond, replaying the last few moments over in her head. Of course they were fine, having been so indulged in protecting them she forgot it was vampires she was protecting. "I'm okay." She responded, her voice strong and distant. Alice appeared in front of the girl, a frown on her lips as she reached out to hold her arms. Tori looked down at the girl.

"Ree, what's going on?" Edward cleared his throat, moving to stand beside Alice. "She's fazed-" Her eyes snapped to him, watching as he grew slightly frustrated.

"Tori don't shut me out." "I don't know what to do." She whispered, her eyes clouding over.

"Let me in Tori, I'm going to help." Edward pleaded, gently pulling Alice away from the girl. A few moments passed before tori gave in, opening her mind to the reader.

"Jasper, take her for a walk." Edward spoke softly, moving away from her with a worried Alice in his arms. The southerner didn't hesitate to step forward, wrapping a cool arm over her shoulders. He lead her down the steep hill of sand, taking slow steps in hopes she'd calm down naturally. It wasn't that he didn't want to brainwash her with positive emotions, he would do anything to bring his bubbly, smiling tori back. But he was afraid. The last time he had took control of her emotions, he had altered her memories - he had temporarily changed the story line of her most tragic, traumatic moment. Changing someone's past into something It wasn't was more dangerous than letting her live through it all again.

Jasper couldn't feel anything. She wasn't feeling anything, like an empty vessel. How do you change how someone is feeling if they aren't even feeling anything?