Sutego (6)

3rd person pov

Late at night, the skies had already blackened and the streets were only illuminated by the gentle light of the moon and the flickering lights from late open bars like the one in which a young girl at the age of 17 was currently in. The girl was wearing a thick, dark cloak and some basic common clothes that consisted of a red blouse that was washed until seriously faded with a black ribbon tied as a bow around the collar and old pants that were once black but are now closer to a dark grey paired with some basic black heavy-duty boots that reached her knees and simple silver jewellery consisting of a thin, simple, unadorned chain; a set of basic stud earrings in black coating and a single simple silver band ring with an ingraving that's too faded to dicifer. The girl had an attractive appearance with pale skin, pouty lips a small but defined nose, shaped eyebrows, long lashes and slightly upwards angled cat eyes in a moss green colour; that is if she didn't have a large scar going across her right cheek distracting from her otherwise "perfect" face. Her hair was mostly just left down, but still tamed mostly with minor styling of her silver-white strait, flowing locks.

The girl, although harmless looking was actually the most dangerous of the people in the bar which bustled with mercenaries, wanted criminals and other such dangerous seeming people (mostly men)

The girls name is Sutego and she's actually one of the most influential people on the continent.

She was a child born outside of wedlock as a daughter born of a relationship which should have never existed, with a mother who was married to a man whom wasn't her father, with a father who was dead by the time she was born, due to how her mother's husband was enraged by the breech of trust from his wife and his older brother. Sutego was left under her uncle's care as soon as she was born and he was the one to give her her name as her mother died during childbirth. As her uncle was resentful, cruel and unforgiving he treated the orphan he was to raise as 'his own' worse than most criminals. As a result of the tough upbringing that she was subjected to until the age of 6, when she killed him then stole his wealth and position, she developed cruel and somewhat sadistic habits. By the age of 10 she had created and raised up an undeniably powerful underground organisation which has power superior to any noble or even royal. She had acquired this absolute authority in the dark over the whole continent by 15 and currently at 17 she has enough power and wealth to live lavishly for a few centuries as she cannot physically spend all her wealth in a lifetime even if she actively attempted to, however since she was raised with nothing she prefers a modestly humble lifestyle in private. She owns assassin guilds, thieves guilds, information guilds as well as brothels and crime dens amongst many others in the shadow of society however she also owns shops and properties on the surface such as bakerys, boutiques, banks, libraries, mines, real estate and much more. Whether you consider her net worth illegally or not she remains the richest person in the country and continent regardless. She, however is not a terrible person as lots may first assume. With her mighty influence she controls many dangerous markets with an iron rule and inforces her principles strictly, without exception. No child abuse, sexual assault, child trafficking or forced inheritance of debt can be seen in the intire continent as it will be immediately crushed if it was to ever reach her ears, as these are her 4 non negotiables. Murder? No problem. Theft? Whatever floats your boat. Treason against the king of a country? Fine. But break any of HER rules and kiss goodbye to your fortune if your lucky and life if your not so much. Even the emperor of the only empire of the continent follows these laws as long as he wishes to keep his thrown.

Yes she is a young girl. Yes she has enough control to manipulate laws or take the continent under her rule officially. However this 'little girl' holds no interest in those things as it only means less freedom and more responsibilities. Not exactly her preference, she's not a masochistic she's a sadist!

She was currently going out for a drink on the down low in a pub which acts as a front for one of her information guild buildings, in a big commerce city not to far from the simple village of Cobbletree... although Sutego didn't know about Cobbletree or care at this point in time. She was in this territory after hearing about the abused daughter of a... Count? Who died recently in a fire. Regardless of her families rank, the fact they abused the now deceased girl who had died before she even got to have her debut meant they had broken her rules!

Rule. Number. One!

Child abuse...

A serious offence, especially for Sutego who had the constant reminder of her own experience with it ingraved on her face in the form of a scar her uncle gave her when she was 4 and he claimed she had started "looking too much like those two traitors". Yes her only scar wasn't from her dangerous occupation but her horrid uncle. Sutego had the means to hire a magic healer who could remove it but she didn't, so it could remain a clear reminder of everything she had overcame to get to where she was now. She both hates and loves that scar and everything it represents.

She had made the trip to this provenance as soon as she heard the news about the abuse when a concerned maid from the household reported it...

"If only I was a little earlier!" She mumbled in a depressed frustration.

----------#----------

Hope you enjoyed!