Attack (11)

*light cussing so I guess language warning*

3rd person pov

*Bang*

An explosion echoed around the two girls as the silver haired girl deliberated and the cross dressing girl stood confused gazing at her once frozen companion who quickly came alive again as the fires from the attack engulfed buildings in their vicinity.

Sutego's pov

Why?! Why did they attack now? The kitten won't be able to survive on her own... I've got to get her out of here ASAP. I recognise the smell of alcohol used to fuel the explosion, meaning this is likely an attack from the Caradog family. Those sly foxes! I knew that I should never have ever let my guard down. Those cunning, conniving and contradictory ba#tards were laying low recently and no one should have known my current location, meaning we have a rat in the organisation or, if not also a tail that decided now was the apt time to strike. Could they be the ones who sent this little rabbit in order to distract me as they attack? The mere thought of them disregarding this little cubs safety makes my blood boil, if I find that is the case there will be hell to pay!

Just as I was getting caught up in these thoughts I heard more loud bangs raining down around me and I decided these thoughts weren't my priority.

Running with the soft bunny in one arm I ducked under low ceilings and doged past falling debris that appeared on her path, without a single moments hesitance or any break to her stride. I didn't realise until I had rolled under a temporary shelter that was formed when some of the rubles settled to form a cave of sorts that I'd been carrying the confused kitten in my arms the entire time and I hadn't even tolled her what was happening, I had deduced from the situation and her reaction that she couldn't be from the same world as me. Even if this little cub isn't a noble she is definitely sheltered from the dark side of reality where I grew up and now rule. She's more likely to be an angel god has misplaced than a pawn from one of my enemies, that I'm sure of.

"I need to get her to a safe place before it's too late, the only place I can be sure she's safe is the base though... should I risk bringing her there? It may put her in further harms way in the long run... f#ck it!" I mumbled without realising myself.

I decided to throw caution to the wind, doubts and uncertainty won't help me right now.

Kai's pov

In a matter of mere minutes, explosions surrounded me and before I could even comprehend what was happening around me as the buildings crumbled and fires roared I was swept off my feet and was carried in one arm as the figure that held me tightly dashed to and fro in an attempt to avoide the carnage that decended around us.

Blazing buildings burned and aged timber tubled towards us as if it was actively attempted to attack as we were fleeing the scene of the destruction. In the heated, both literally and figuratively, environment I felt a sudden weightlessness as the body that had been cradling me was falling mid-air with me still in their embrace. My only comfort was the knowledge that the one who held me in their arms was Sutego who I have grown to trust and rely on even before I had been able to realise myself.

When we suddenly met the ground, although we landed well and weren't hurt, I felt a little sick at the sudden weight that came back to me when we once again become grounded.

Eventually we stopped moving at suck a fast and irratic pace, then sutego stopped as if she froze before I heard her mumbling incoherently before she sudden yelled "Fuck it!" And took off towards a sketchy looking part of the city's slums.

The slums carried many smells, sounds, tastes and sights that I had never experienced before and might never have experienced otherwise. The smell of urine and puke swarmed the dead end alleys and dark corners where decorated by corpse like bodies. The taste of stale bread was expressed like divine delicacies whilst the sounds of screaming of various varieties echoed amo get the grumbles of hunger from living skeleton children and cries of sorrow and unwillingness as babies where taken from new mothers or as orphans begged for funds to burry their parents. The environment was so cruel I wanted to cry at the misfortune that was abundant here but I didn't want to make myself seem ignorant or a burden to sutego, but my willpower wasn't strong enough to resist the sensory overload so I did what I could to silence my sobs and tucked my dripping face into the folds of sutegos clothes as she carried me to a discreet yet intimidating building that hung an old billboard that claimed the interior was a pub called 'The ingot'.

'The ingot' is a small hole-in-the-wall kind of place with a old door on the verge of rotting with rusted copper doorknobs and old iron reinforcements. There are no windows in the range of my sight, although limited by the dim lighting and the body of the woman who's imbrace I lay in, and overgrown plants dropped down the walls.

As I stared at the old pub with hesitance, sutego moved to bring me inside. When my eyes eventually adjusted to the dim light I saw a sight that was mystical to me as if it was straight out of a book. Ironic when you consider my own situation that is much the same.

Sutego suddenly sat me down on a rustic but we'll kept and expensive cloth sofa that was coloured in a dark, slate gray.

"What's going on?"

---------(○u○)---------

Hope you enjoy!

Sorry for the long wait, had writers block and was starting a new book.