Loving Lunatic (17)

Sutego's pov

After the initial confrontation and Kai's repeated reassurance, I actually managed to get her dad's blessing for our relationship! Not that I would stop dating Kai if he didn't approve but I would have to have a word with him in private to try and 'convince' him to give us his blessing so it saves me some time and effort if he consents from the get-go.

I decided to just tell my princess everything about myself she may want to know now. I hope she'll decide to do the same.

I also let Mason stay in the room during the exchange, call it my show of respect.

I let her know everything from the conditions of my existence to my childhood trauma and even my current position within the continent. I also told her of my resolve and conviction. As I said before Kai is my heart and I cannot live without my heart after finding it for the first time.

If I wanted I could find out everything about Kai but I didn't do that up till now and don't plan to, I'd rather she told me about herself of her own free will and without being pressured.

Kai's pov

When Sutego sent all of her people out and started to tell me everything about herself without warning I was caught off guard and the more I heard the more shocked I grew. Then when she told me how much she values and cherishes me I felt as if I was on cloud 9 and I also felt the uncontrollable urge to cry for her. Sutego went through so much yet she never was able to actually able to work through her trauma and issues which were clearly apparent with her possessiveness yet I didn't mind. I couldn't deny the urge and before I knew it I was sniffling in tears. Sutego swiftly swept me into her warm and comforting embrace whilst I bawled my eyes out over her painful past that didn't seem to faze her. Her ignorance towards her own pain only made me feel worse and the considerate words she showered me with eventually calmed me as I vented my heartache over her past struggles yet she merely dismissed them and consoled me which pushed me to the verge of tears once more due to her self neglect that reminded me of the many people from my old world who live through childhood trauma and developed mental issues as a result.

The intensity of her affection for me may make others think that she is a lunatic but if she's a lunatic she's a loving lunatic that won my heart. Something nobody had been able to do before her so take that as you wish. I have no problem loving this lunatic, she's my lunatic and I'm her princess and heart.

Since it was already at this point I decided to tell Sutego some of my secrets in return. I started off small and went from their gauging from her reaction to each new secret if I should stop or not. About halfway through I had told all the secrets about myself and Megan that Mason knew and that I was comfortable with him knowing but after that point I asked him to leave as we continued our exchange because I didn't feel comfortable with him knowing anymore just yet. Directly after is when I started delving into secrets relating to my past life although I didn't make that clear immediately. Finally, I was left with only one secret left to tell and it was the biggest secret I have, the secret of my rebirth and past life. I didn't head straight into this secret as I had with the rest instead I changed the conversation topic to her opinion and belief about the topic of rebirth.

"Do you believe in the idea of reincarnation and rebirth?" I asked, tentatively whilst carefully observing Sutego's reactions.
"I believe it's plausible," Sutego replied after pausing to consider briefly.
"Well, I'm proof of its truth," I stated with the entirety of my confidence.

Sutego didn't seem to react at all at first she simply held my gaze whilst darkness built behind her eyes, I was afraid at first but decided to steal my resolve to face whatever would happen directly but much to my surprise Sutego simply started to ask all sorts of questions about my past life and I answered them all diligently to the best of my ability.

Sutego accepted me for me, and that was worth more than words can express, actions can tell or presents could represent. All I could do was sincerely embrace Sutego with my all.

I also realised that I hadn't been doing the same for Sutego as she had just done for me as I thought back on the many things Sutego had exposed in front of me without persuasion or pressure but simply out of her good will to me and mason. As I glanced at the room we had been sitting in for the last few hours I recalled how this was the same room as the first day I entered this place, just three days ago, but it was different and already so full of happy memories between the two of us.

It also happens to be the first place I saw a different side of Sutego at. It scared me back then to the point that I lost consciousness and I'll admit it still scares me even now but I want to be able to accept Sutego entirely for all her different parts just as she did for me without a second thought.

If I can do this for Sutego as she did for me without hesitation I feel as if we'll be able to grow so much closer and more intimate than at present.

Nobody ever said loving someone is easy, because that would be a lie, sometimes the person we love is different from how we think and it can be scary but we love them regardless.

----------π----------

Hope you enjoyed!