The city (7)

Sutego's pov

I grit my teeth as frustration bubled inside me and started to build up. A girl of only 13 or so died because I was too late!

"Damn it!" I yelled out suddenly as I hammered down on the table with my now cracked wooden pitcher, cracking the table as well as the cup.

Why wasn't I just a little faster!? Why did the girl die!? Why couldn't I save her...? It's just like Tina all over again... Tina was a young girl who was just 8 who came to me for help when I was 12 but I couldn't help her, I wasn't powerful enough until it was already too late. I think about her even now... she would have been 14 too, if she was still alive. Her cries of desperation and sorrowful pleads haunt me to this day. Her Hazel eyes lined with diamond like tears and her sunken malnourished face that had never lost hope even up until she died under her stepmother's harsh abuse where she broke the girls bones one by one before getting bored and gutting the sunny girl like she was a fish. Tina's family was the first after my own I ever destroyed and also was the first to a long line of others which soon after followed when a 'little girl with too much power and no remorse' snaps.

Their used to be two empires, but the now desolate Kéntro empire was destroyed by this 'girl' as a warning and example to everyone of my power after I discovered that the kind was involved in all four of my appropriately deamed unforgivable actions.

Megan's pov

After half a year in the village, I've turned 14, grown stronger and adapted fully to my new life in a medieval fantasy world. I turned 14 in the autumn and dad made me a cookie and gave me a locket with a picture of me and him when I was still a baby.

The days here aren't quite the same as my last life but I haven't had too much trouble adapting yet. Other than that, dad was going to the city closest to our little village again today and this time he offered to take me with him. So today I'm going to the city!

To get there we walked for a while till we got out of sight of the villagers then dad held my hand and used some sort of magic or magic item to teleport us to nearby the town before we finished walking to the city. When we got to the city gates they asked my dad for identification but I was worried as I didn't have any and was pretending to be someone else, the name Kian didn't stick but I do get called kai alot, I guess people thought it was my name but found it uncomfortable to say even those who still think I'm a boy so they've given me kai as a nickname and I don't really mind. My dad once asked why I chose the name that I did but I couldn't explain... I always feel bad when dad has to go out of his way for me. Regardless, when they were asking for ID they only wanted dad's as they could tell I was underage and therefore wouldn't have an ID yet. I felt silly but relieved.

The cities inside was ginormous in comparison to our tiny village, and the way everything bustled about and people went about their day as they needed amazed me. Yes I'd lived in the modern world where this was a regular sight but after half a year in a small village like ours it became a much welcomed sight and a treat for the eyes. I had two main missions for this trip. This first I to find shampoo and conditioner or its ingredients so I can make my own and the second is too look for a gift for dad which I can afford with my personal savings. Yes I have my own money, just not alot of it. I had brought some money when I ran away and earned some more in the village, but I'd also spent some here and there on things I wanted and needed. Dad didn't know about either of my objectives but he had said I could look around and spend my money if I wanted as I had earned it and it was intirely my own. It made my heart go soft in gratitude whenever he acted like that, like an actual full blooded parent. Yes he's my dad and that doesn't change, but their is a saying which I believe explains how I feel. No-one can love a child more than the one who gave them life, and its true in most cases. Minus an exception though, as my sperms doner and incubator never saw me as their child, but as a pawn in a political game and a convenient punching bag to let out their frustration. Dad is my only parent, even if we don't share a single drop of blood. As the saying goes the blood of the Congress is thicker than the water of the womb. Which basically means the people you choose are more important that blood relations, although people often twist it by failing to quote the entire line and simply passing on "blood is thicker than water" which rather significantly changes the message behind the phrase but whatever.

I know dad is my family and he knows that I'm his family, so it doesn't matter who's blood I hold. That's why we have chosen family, and they matter more to me than who gave me my dna.

Once I was I'm the city I decided to scope out the market for my two goals first as the market had all sorts of different things from trinkets to food. Yet I didn't find a single thing that took my fancy for dad's gift or would be useful for hair care.

----------$----------

Hope you enjoyed!