Birthday Love

Unedited. Vote and comment lovelies*

Cookie pinched the bridge of her nose as sat in the conference room. This had been the 4th time Anika and Lucious began arguing about the line up for a damn charity concert and it was only Tuesday. She was tired. They had yet to get through a single meeting with someone sucking their teeth or slamming something in the table. She was two seconds from wanting to shut the entire concert down. No event had been this hard to plan but Anika and Lucious were making it unbearable. "We'll try this again tomorrow. Everyone is dismissed," Cookie told everyone else who was watching the shit show unfold. "Why can't you just listen to my ideas!? The last thing we need is all of West Philly showing up like it's a DMX concert. That's not what this charity is about!" Anika tossed out.

"How about we just take a breather and come back to this lineup?" Cookie said loud enough for them to hear her. "You always take his side! Maybe I need a dick and someone would actually pay attention to me!" Anika spat, tossing her folder across the table as she stormed out of the conference room. Already feeling a headache, Cookie was not in the mood to listening to Anika crying later about being yelled at. "Man how long we gotta keep this shit up?" Lu tossed out, pouring both Cookie and himself a drink. "Another 6 fucking days. Do you have to find something to argue about every damn day?" "Look you made this plan. I was okay with just tossing some dick her way."

"That's all you ever want to do. Sex doesn't solve everything Lucious. You already know she'd be bitching even harder if we did nothing special for her damn birthday." Lucious waved Cookie off as he took a seat. It was less than a week until Anika turned 37 and she was on their ass about doing something exciting. Dropping hints left and right. It was her first birthday that she'd be celebrating with both Cookie and Lucious. Call her spoiled but she was expecting twice the surprise from them. "Look I got the lineup together. I don't need her input on shit. I definitely don't need her telling me I'm too much of a thug to be planning this fake ass charity concert." "She was right though. What kind of concert are you throwing with nothing but Philly based rappers Lucious? Be smart and just listen to her."

Glaring at Cookie from the side of his eye, Lu didn't want to hear that shit. Just because she was letting Anika's attitude slide didn't meant that he was about to pretend like she wasn't getting annoying. Instead of bitching, he would rather her swallowing some dick while they put together this surprise for her. But she wouldn't be Anika if she didn't have something to complain about. "Just stop arguing with her for 6 days please. I have no problem packing up my shit and leaving." "Leaving what?" "The mansion tubby. Start another fight and you'll be left alone in that big ass house with her whining ass." "I wish you would." "Try me. That means no more Nookie too." Lucious groaned tossing his head back as he watched Cookie get up and go talk to Porsha. 

He was tired of this shit. He regretted agreeing to throwing this damn concert. If he was being honest, he was coerced. He thought when Cookie put a handful of her ass in his hand that she was just in the mood to be freaky until the next day she interrupted a studio session to talk about Anika's favorite things. Things were good until Cookie started getting annoyed her own damn self. Anika was starting to sound like a damn broken record. Everything she talked about had something to do with her birthday. They got it. Her birthday was coming up. No one needed a reminder every waking moment.

While Lucious was thinking long and hard about how he was going to survive the next week, the boys sat in the studio while Keem played back his newest track. "I still don't see why they even stressing over this concert anyways. It ain't that big of a damn deal," Keem tossed out. "It's for a good cause. It definitely helps people see Empire in a better light." "Exactly plus I don't even think they stressing over the concert. Seems kind of tense between dad and Anika," Mal mentioned. "It's always dad and Anika. I'm surprise no one has called it quits," Dre said as he read a text from Rhonda. "How long you think it'll be before someone moves out again?" Keem heckled, feeling a wager coming on. "From Mom's face earlier, I say the end of this week," Dre said. He couldn't help but notice her permanent eye rolls the entire meeting.