First Love Makes Lasting Love

Unedited AF

Unedited AF

Cookie crossed her legs straightening in her chair. Past ready to conclude her interview. It had been a long two weeks of being here, there, and everywhere but home. She was tired of the flashing camera's and never ending red carpets. Trying to make a difference was more taxing than being a damn artist.

"...and again Cookie, congratulations on your Humanitarian Award. I can't stress enough how many women look up to you. How many families have homes because of the work you do." The interviewer gushed, Cookie flashed a smile. In three years she had broadened her charity and set up various centers for women's refuge across the north east. 6 states and counting, which she was so proud of.

"You have so many adoring fans out there. I think every Anikie fan out there is waiting anxiously for the end of the month. How does it feel to be counting the days to your wedding?"

Cookie chuckled at the stupid couple name the internet had create. There was Coousious, Anikie, Lunika, and Lanookie. Which was entirely too much off a mouthful to keep track of. The internet could be a strange place. She hated each and every one of them.

"It feels.....refreshing. I think it's been a long time coming." Cookie spoke, keeping it cute and simple. Lord knows their words always got misconstrued somehow. Into internet wars of who loves who more and who was a diversion. Apparently being rich black bisexual in a three way relationship was too much for the conservatives in New York.

"You, Lucious, and Anika have taken the world by storm with your public menagerie. What advice do you have for the Poly couples out there looking to form a successful bond?"

"Oh God.....patience! A lot of patience and communication. It's not for the weak I tell you. But if you decide to love....love hard." Cookie gushed, unable to help herself.

She had accidentally become a sort of an influncer over the last few years. Her random fundraising YouTube lives called "Cooking with Cookie.", had garnered lots and lots of support. Poly advice had been a reoccurring topic in her lives. Especially as the opened the hashtag AskCookie. Where people sent in their stories and questions in hopes for advice and conversation.

"You welcomed baby girls into your lives a four years ago. How has the mothering journey been for you with two decades between your children?" The interviewer probed, Cookie made a face at the specific time slot. She didn't need a reminder of the gap between her oldest and youngest.

"Its been something. My baby girls are so full of life. Sometimes it feels like nothing new comes about but every once and a while they surprise me."

"Speaking of you girls. Do you guys plan to have any more? Many wonder if Anika is going to carry again? Is she up for a round two?" Cookie laughed at the prospect, that was a pipedream that only Lunika fans had.

"Usually I'd say I can't speak for her, but I can assure you there will be no more baby Lyons from us. Auriella sure keeps Anika on her toes. She is one and done for sure." Cookie spilled, Anika had basically steam rolled Lucious into getting a much need vasectomy. After nearly two years of ranting about it the man had finally caved after a pregnancy scare from Anika. A false positive nearly sending the man to the grave.