Future vs Past

Unedited

With his head back on straight it took nothing to get rid of certain FED bitch. Sure he had to face his mother again to get the information he needed, but she happened to be sedated at the time. Through forced casual conversation he learned Tariq had been asking her about Lucious in his youth and if she knew of any rumors circulating about him back then. Going as far as to basically call him a murderer to her. Tariq dumbass was better off hitting Shyne then fucking Leah. It took all of a week to get him thrown off the case. As well as his badge under investigation.

That was one issue down but this bama ass case was still open. Despite a member of Shyne's crew getting picked up. They couldn't pin anything on the guy so they were still grasping for stars to put him under. Lucious didn't believe in coincidence. Shyne's name was all on this bullshit. He wanted to just kill the nigga but Cookie had been strongly against it. Logically she was right. They were too in the spotlight for someone close to them to disappear. So he basically had a get out of jail free card....for now. It irked Lucious to his core he had to let this nigga slide. It didn't help that Hakeem was up the nigga's ass.

"So dad, what you think? That's heat right?" Hakeem asked, jumping off the conference table from his performance for the A&R board. Cookie didn't miss the opportunity to smack him for his showboating.

"I think..."

"Lucious know that's some fucking flame." Shyne boasted, enjoying his place in the meeting. Considering he produced the single for Hakeem. Lucious shot Cookie a look of annoyance to which she shrugged. She had her own shit to deal with. Shyne was Lucious's problem. Her problem was the little bitch he called niece. A great value Tiana with twice the attitude with nothing to back her diva.

"I think the track is great...." Lucious started, being cut off by Shyne and Hakeem dapping eachother up 

"It is great, but you're biting off Shyne. That life don't belong to you Hakeem. If I'm not mistaken I heard you spit them bars on verse two on the corner back in the day. Authenticity is hard to maintain. You start conforming now you won't be Hakeem. Scrap it." Lucious voiced, watching Hakeem's smile vanish.

"Ma!"

"Hakeem you grew up in the hard mean streets of New York's finest penthouse. You have never moved work from a border. You're luxury rap, keep it that way before these real rap goons eat you alive." Cookie sighed, Hakeem blinked at his parents embarrassed they'd call him out like this in front of all these people. In Hakeem tantrum fashion he tossed the budget print outs for a music video on the table. Paper flying across the table making a mess as he stormed out.

"That's cold Lucious." Shyne whistled, crossing his arms.

"Its business, my son is not your protégé. He's above you not below, remember that." Lucious spat, more heat in his words than he preferred. Shyne scowled at his words rising from his seat. Clicking his tongue he followed after Hakeem.

"Meeting adjourned!" Lucious barked, everyone quickly vacating at his tone.

"Well that was...something." Jamal muttered, once the board was out.

"If that was DTown it would work but it's Keem." He added, Lucious nodded in agreement.

"What do you have cooking?" Cookie asked, wanting a shift of conversation.

"I got a little something I need a feature for. I'm thinking our newbie."

"Nessa?" Anika asked, getting a head shake.

"I'm talking bout Freedom. She's so raw, I think I need that. I've been just hanging with her, helping her settle into Empire life. The freestyles she just bursts out in. If we had a battle rap event she a number one contender." Jamal gushed.