Love, Babies, and Plans for the Future

Unedited AF

A Week Later

Nessa sat in the glass conference room crying as the head trio walked in. Concerned faces on display, they were the epitome of convincing. "Nessa what's wrong?" Anika asked, giving her a consoling hand. "Shyne.... they found his head.....floating in the Hudson," she bawled her eyes out. The last of her family was dead. She had no one. "I'm so sorry for you loss Nessa. I know how hard it is to lose the last bit of family you have left," Cookie added as she took a seat. Through tears Nessa glared at Cookie. Who did she think she was fooling? Nessa knew it was them. She knew they killed Shyne. She just couldn't prove it. Anika looked between the two, the tension high. In a panic she looked at Lucious who was getting a kick out of it.

"What am I supposed to do now?" Nessa huffed out. "You're going to press on and make Shyne proud. I know right now you feel like there is no way up, but Shyne didn't bring you this far for you to bow out. He wanted the world to know your name. Prove that you are as worthy as he said you were. I watched my brother stand in that studio and release years of emotion and pent up anger. Like i was meeting him for the first time. It was beautiful. Now all I can think about is how that was the last time I'll ever see that. But truthfully we all can see it again. With you," Lucious made crocodile tears fall as he kept eye contact with Nessa. Maybe he was telling the truth?

"Lucious, do you know who killed Shyne?" She asked. She couldn't take this run around anymore. "My brother had a whole lot of enemies. Been that way for years. But I promise you I will use every resource I have to find out who hurt him. And I promise you I'll make them pay personally." Nessa felt the conflict. Was she going to accept this? "Okay," she mumbled and dropped her head in her hands. Her sobs grew making everyone uncomfortable. "Why don't you take the day and get some rest?" Anika suggested. Nessa nodded and stood up slowly. "That girl is slow," Cookie murmured once Nessa was out the conference room. "I expect nothing less with anybody stuck under Shyne dumbass."

It took nothing for them to be able to flip the case onto Shyne's Ace. A tip that led PD straight up to Ace's hideout resulted in him being held in an interrogation room for the weekend. By hour 38, he was pissed. They didn't even have to walk back into the room for him to just go off on a rant. He gave enough detail to back their theory. Ace wanted to do a different job and Shyne wanted revenge. Ace tried to swing a plea deal which the prosecutors shot down instantly. He was getting the book thrown at him. With him tucked away and all eyes were officially off Empire aside from Jamal's recovery, things were feeling relatively normal. Hell even Nessa found some act right.

"Luciooooouuuusssss," Anika and Cookie sang out. The sound of his soles pounding against the floor echoed in the hall. "What y'all....... want?" He froze as he noticed them in new bathing suits. It something about straps and thin fabric that made him hard as steel. "What is all this?" He asked with a grin on his face, noticing their bumps poking out. "This is our way of saying........It's time," Anika said with a straight face. Lucious blinked confusion taking over. She was just talking all sultry. What was this? "Time for what? Why are you pulling on a robe?" "Lucious we're showing. Clothes are starting to not fit. We can't hide this from the boys much longer. We need to tell them," Cookie explained. "Alright whatever is fine. When yall planning on doing this? Take those back off man." "You mean when are WE?" Cookie questioned.

"Well Jamal comes home in a couple days. We can announce at the welcome home dinner," Anika suggested. "It's going to be hot. Let's do a cookout." "You think Jamal wanna be in the backyard?" Lucious tossed as he sauntered over to them, removing the robes off their body. "He's going to want to good ass food. Please Papi?" Cookie begged. He rolled his eyes. She just wanted to throw some damn shrimp on a grill. She had been bugging about it for the past few days.  "Whatever. Get your ass on the bed so I can get lost in these webs," Lucious growled as he bit his lip. "No time. We gotta get ready," Cookie cut him off. "Ready for what? Whatever it is we got time." "Lucious you can get some pussy later. We're not going to be late to this appointment!" She snapped at him.