Part 1

Long filaments dyed in crimson, tiny bright yellow anthers swaying with the breeze, curled red petals and a healthy green stem. The bunch of flowers that rested on his desk never bothered Izuku. It was a common occurrence. His classmates just loved to give him flowers, specifically spider lilies. 

"Quiet down everybody and take your seats" the teacher commanded, ignoring the symbol of death lying on Izuku's desk, nothing new. 

The students took their seats and started gossipping amongst themselves. Even if Izuku chose not to hear whatever they were saying, he couldn't help it. Even though he was used to every excruciating word that escaped their callous lips, they always managed to sting. Even when there was nothing that could hurt him more, just the thought that it might never end was hard to accept. 

The green haired student flinched when Aldera's resident Endeavour slammed his legs onto the desk, head leaned back to present the perfect picture of arrogance. 

"Hey teach, don't lump me in with these extras"

It was then that Izuku noticed the dimming grins on the others' faces and the papers scattered across the floor. Oh… 

"Ah Bakugou! You're going to try for UA, right?" The teacher asked with a smile, albeit wary of the explosive teen's sharp temperament. 

"Haah?" Katsuki drawled, sounding offended, "what do you mean try? I'm gonna get in for sure and become the next No.1!"

'not with that attitude, dumbass' Izuku thought to himself

"Y-yes Bakugou.. my mistake" the man chuckled awkwardly. "That reminds me, Midoriya?"

Izuku's eyes widened. No.. nonono…

"You're trying out for UA too, right?"

Damnit

Almost immediately, a loud explosion blew his books away. Green eyes met fuming crimson and Izuku fought the urge to flinch. 

"Don't even dare to dream you worthless piece of shit" was all Katsuki managed to grumble, fury too much to articulate more intelligent insults. 

The teacher fidgeted in his place before walking towards the students like a timid fawn, "Now now, Bakugou… I'm sure Midoriya is joking. It's not like a quirkless reject like him will even be allowed to step inside UA."

The harsh words calmed Bakugou and Izuku wasn't surprised. 

"Mr. Ikeda" he spoke coldly, earning an equally cold glance from the man. "Maybe you should stop raising villains and do your duty as a teacher"

The class let out small shocked gasps. Even the teacher turned slightly pale from the unexpected words. "Y-you-"

"And if you can't, then you better quit because when one of these shits turns out to be a villain, I'm coming for you first… as a Pro Hero."

There was a brief silence. Then came the onslaught of mockery and ridicule. Raised fingers pointing at his serious face, harsh words and several sneers painted his front. Yet he stared at the furious man, unfazed. 

Bakugou just stared at Izuku, slightly caught off guard yet not impressed. 

"Mr. Midoriya! That is completely unacceptable! How dare you raise your voice against a teacher?!" Mr. Ikeda growled, both in anger and fear, "Out! Now! Your mother will be hearing about this"

Izuku narrowed his eyes and picked up his books, "you can do nothing more than that now can you?. You're basically useless, a mere puppet"

The occupants of the room were too stunned to speak even as their neglected green haired punching bag left the class. 

"Tch.. the nerd finally grew some" Bakugou muttered under his breath. 

The rest of the day passed by with students acting extremely wary of Izuku. As the others left, Katsuki marched up to Izuku and blasted his desk. 

"What was that earlier, nerd? You finally grew some?"

Izuku looked up sharply but gulped when he saw Bakugou's face. Years of being subject to the blond's cruelty didn't give him courage to face him boldly. The fear of getting burned and the loud explosions that cause his ears to ring always made him hesitate and give up. The same fear grappled his heart once again.

"K-Kacchan?"

Katsuki smirked, disappointment in his eyes. "I knew it. You are and always will be a weak little Deku. It's funny how someone as weak as you has the audacity to even dream about becoming a hero. Do you seriously think UA will allow someone like you to even breathe on their campus?" 

"It's… it's not… I- UA isn't like that! They'll-"

"Do you think you're above me?"

'Yes. A million leagues above you.'

"N-no"

"Good" Katsuki was about to turn around when he found Izuku's hero analysis notes. "Haah? What's this?"

Izuku gasped and reached out as soon as Katsuki pulled the book away from him. "K-Kacchan! Give it back!"

"What's that Bakugou?" The blond's lackeys asked curiously. 

"Hero Analysis for the futu-pfft!" One of them laughed. "What even is this? A joke book?"

Katsuki's brows furrowed in curiosity and disgust. He flipped through the pages before slamming it shut. "Let's see how much this helps you" he grumbled and blasted it. 

Izuku gasped out loud. "KACCHAN! WHY?! WHY DID YOU-"

Even before he could finish, the burning book was out of the window. Izuku sprinted across the room and bit his lip when he spotted it lying in the koi pond.

"That'll teach you not to fantasize" Bakugou snickered and started walking away. Izuku looked at their retreating backs, trying to muster enough courage to at least fight… even if it was just a single word. 

His motivation died the moment Bakugou turned to face him, a sly smirk playing on his lips. "You know what, Deku? There's an easy way to get a quirk and become a hero"

Izuku waited with bated breath. He was not expecting anything remotely comforting yet he wasn't prepared for whatever Bakugou was going to say. 

"Pray that you get a quirk in the next life and take a swan dive off the roof"

It was only after reaching the gates of the school did Bakugou realise what he had said. He was horrified yet, watching the extras laughing their asses off beside him, he knew he had no way to take those words back. It's not like the nerd had the courage to actually do something like that, right?

Izuku stood there frozen in horror. Bakugou had said and done things that no friend or aspiring hero should ever and yet, those words that effortlessly rolled off his tongue, words that shouldn't have surprised him, hurt. They hurt so damn much…

That moment, that very moment, Izuku gave up. 

He gave up on even trying. 

He gave up on hoping.

He gave up on dreaming. 

His first and last friend was nowhere to be found. Kacchan no longer existed. It was just Bakugou Katsuki. Just him… 

Izuku decided. To hell with making unrequited amends. He was going to become a hero on his own.