Part 9

Here's the name list:

WalkingTalkingHazard: Nezu
PunkCockatiel: Mic
ImmigrantFromTransylvania: Vlad
TriggeredSloth: Aizawa
ZaleplonInTheFlesh: Midnight
TrueRulerOfTheWorld: Recovery Girl
BobTheBuilder: Cementoss
LinguiniInAParallelUniverse: Lunch Rush
PufferJacketsFTW: Thirteen
INevaMiss: Snipe
MassProduction: Ectoplasm
PieceAndPeaceOfMind: Hound Dog
T-RexHead: Power Loader
TheAccidentalFriend: Izuku
(Did I miss anyone?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Izuku woke up at 4 in the morning to get an hour of study before he joined All Might for his training. He scrolled through the schedule on his phone and slumped into the chair. He was barely a month away from getting into UA, some 20 odd days to be a little more specific.

He pulled out the laptop which All Might had got him almost two months ago when he found out that Izuku was using his phone for classes. The hero had reprimanded Izuku saying that a healthy eyesight is one of a hero's best assets. Of course, Inko had freaked out because she had no idea how to pay the kind "Yagi Toshinori" back- who she knew as Izuku's friend from the park.

Izuku didn't want to lie to his mother but he also didn't want All Might's secret to be out. Hence, he told her that they met at the park and that Yagi-san was helping Izuku out in training because he had experience in combat. Izuku truly was lucky that she trusted him.

Over the months, Izuku and All Might grew rather close- enough for All Might to crack horrible dad jokes but the teen loved it. They often got coffee together and sometimes Yagi would join the Midoriyas for lunch or dinner. Inko was more than happy that this kind man was helping Izuku. Though Izuku would admit that their first meeting did not go well with Inko being super suspicious and super protective of her son in the presence of- what she later referred to as- a talking stick.

Things went rather smoothly since then and Izuku spent his mornings working out with the hero and evenings listening to All Might's tips from experience.

On that fateful evening, Izuku was doing the usual and returned home a little later. After dinner, he took out his phone and switched on the internet only to be bombarded with tons of notifications. But one thing caught his attention.

You have been added to a group chat

Lost Causes

TheAccidentalFriend has left the chat

PunkCockatiel: Wha-

INevaMiss: Called it!

WalkingTalkingHazard has added TheAccidentalFriend to the chat

TheAccidentalFriend: Huh?

ZaleplonInTheFlesh: Hi~

TheAccidentalFriend: Hi?

PunkCockatiel: Hello friend!

TheAccidentalFriend: I'm not? The name's ironic though.
TheAccidentalFriend: Anyway, it was nice meeting you all.
TheAccidentalFriend: Uh… nevermind. Have a nice day.

TheAccidentalFriend has left the chat

WalkingTalkingHazard has added TheAccidentalFriend to the chat

TheAccidentalFriend: Excuse me?

ZaleplonInTheFlesh: Please stay!

PunkCockatiel: Yeah!

TheAccidentalFriend: Why?
TheAccidentalFriend: I'm a stranger and so are you guys to me.

TriggeredSloth: Point.