Part 10

Lost Causes

TheAccidentalFriend: So… what now?

ZaleplonInTheFlesh: Indeed. What now?

TheAccidentalFriend: Who are you guys, by the way?

WalkingTalkingHazard: Who are you?

TheAccidentalFriend: That's a stupid question considering the fact that it was you who added me in the chat against my will.
TheAccidentalFriend: The one who should be knowing about the other people is me.

INevaMiss: They've got a point!

TriggeredSloth: We're a bunch of Pro Heroes stalking you for no apparent reason.

PunkCockatiel: @TriggeredSloth!!!

MassProduction: What???

WalkingTalkingHazard: :)

TheAccidentalFriend: That's a bad joke.

TriggeredSloth: Or is it?

ImmigrantFromTransylvania: This is weird.

MassProduction: True^

TrueRulerOfTheWorld: Oh shut it with the ruckus!
TrueRulerOfTheWorld: @TheAccidentalFriend, nevermind these idiots. You should probably get some sleep. It's really late.

TheAccidentalFriend: It's 10:30?
TheAccidentalFriend: And I want answers!

WalkingTalkingHazard: Then we shall have a deal.

TheAccidentalFriend: Wait what?

PufferJacketsFTW: This isn't gonna end well.

LinguiniInAParallelUniverse: I don't know what's going on but I don't like it :(

WalkingTalkingHazard: @TheAccidentalFriend, you get to ask me a question and I will answer that but I'll get to ask you a question in return. Deal?

TheAccidentalFriend: The deal's not that bad so… fine. We have a deal.
TheAccidentalFriend: Me first.
TheAccidentalFriend: Who are you guys and what do you have to do with me?
TheAccidentalFriend: Don't lie, please.

WalkingTalkingHazard: I shall tell you only the truth.
WalkingTalkingHazard: We're old friends who have united through this group chat but then I ended up adding you by accident. So we decided we could use another friend.

TheAccidentalFriend: I see… well, I don't think I'll trust you either way.

PieceAndPeaceOfMind: And it's completely alright.

ZaleplonInTheFlesh: Yup! But it's kinda sad.

TheAccidentalFriend: Old friends as in college friends?
TheAccidentalFriend: How old are you guys?

PunkCockatiel: Hey isn't it our turn to ask you a question?

ImmigrantFromTransylvania: It is.

TheAccidentalFriend: Oh right! I'm sorry.

LinguiniInAParallelUniverse: You don't need to apologise!

TheAccidentalFriend: Well, ask away!

WalkingTalkingHazard: Why are you applying for UA's Gen Ed when you could go for the hero course?

T-RexHead: Wha-

ImmigrantFromTransylvania: ?????

TheAccidentalFriend: HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT??!
TheAccidentalFriend: Who are you, really?

TriggeredSloth: @WalkingTalkingHazard, what is the meaning of this? The kid's honestly uncomfortable here.

TheAccidentalFriend: @TriggeredSloth, how do you know I'm a kid?

TrueRulerOfTheWorld: @WalkingTalkingHazard just said you're applying for UA dear, so that obviously makes you a kid. He's never wrong, you know?

PufferJacketsFTW: ^ sadly

TheAccidentalFriend: Oh..
TheAccidentalFriend: Still, how does he know?? Does he work at UA or something??

INevaMiss: He just knows... Everything.

WalkingTalkingHazard: As I said, quirk.
WalkingTalkingHazard: Also, I'm intrigued by your choice because most kids choose the hero course and from your intelligence, you would have made it in.

TheAccidentalFriend: Am I supposed to pretend like I'm dumb? Because if you know that I'm intelligent, that means you have access to my records and if you know that, then you'll know why exactly. So stop playing with me.

PieceAndPeaceOfMind: @TheAccidentalFriend, I apologise if it was insensitive on his part but I would like to assure you that he (and we) mean no harm and would never judge you for anything. We promise.

ZaleplonInTheFlesh: ^

PunkCockatiel: ^

MassProduction: ^

TheAccidentalFriend: Yeah, right! That is only till you find out more about me and my quirk. So please don't make promises you can't keep.

TriggeredSloth: Please don't tell me you were rejected from the hero course just because of your quirk.

TheAccidentalFriend:....

INevaMiss: Wait really?

ZaleplonInTheFlesh: Oh sweetie, is that true?

LinguiniInAParallelUniverse: Are you one of us?

TheAccidentalFriend: One of…. You?

T-RexHead: Believe me, kid. We're all a bunch of misfits who were mocked for our quirks.

ZaleplonInTheFlesh: Some had it bad… some worse. But we're still standing so I guess that's… us?

TheAccidentalFriend: I'm so sorry you had to go through that..
TheAccidentalFriend: Are your quirks the so-called "weak" and "villainous" ones?

PunkCockatiel: Or the "useless" and "annoying" ones.

TheAccidentalFriend: Oh god…
TheAccidentalFriend: This is the reason I detest this quirkist society.

(A/N this is something I always had in mind. When you look at the quirks of the UA Staff, you'll find that there are plenty of reasons they might have been discouraged or mocked for. People are like that no matter what the universe, judging and finding faults in everything. So I thought, why not give it a more realistic approach? I hope you like this storyline)