Arc 1: (Chapter 52-54)

Chapter 52 - This Venerable One Didn't Even Get an Appearance

Xue Zhengyong was practicing his sword at the northern peak when a haitang blossom floated over. He uttered a curious "eh" and caught it while drying his sweat with a towel, muttering to himself: "Yuheng's messenger haitang? He can't even be bothered to come over to talk anymore? When did he get so lazy."

But he still took the golden orb of light from the flower's center and placed it in his ear. Out came the unfamiliar voice of a child: "Sect Leader, please come to the Red Lotus

Pavilion at your earliest convenience......"

Xue Zhengyong didn't believe it at first, but when he stepped off from his sword in front of Chu Wanning's residence, he was completely dumbfounded.

A child of about five or six years stood in the pavilion by the lotus pond stood with a hand held behind his back, gazing at the lotus with a face of gloom. Looking from the side, this person had a frosty expression and icy eyes to match; he was draped in Chu Wanning's robes, but they were really way too big on him, pooling on the ground, sleeve hem and all, looking like a fish towing behind it a huge sweeping tail.

Xue Zhengyong: " "

The child turned around, 'if you laugh I will kill you and then myself' practically written on his face.

Xue Zhengyong: "PFFT HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

The child slapped the table angrily: "What're you laughing at! What's so funny!"

"I am definitely not lau——ahahaha oh god I can't, Yuheng, I told you to go to Tanlang Elder to get that wound checked out, but you just wouldn't listen, hahahaha, I can't breathe." Xue Zhengyong roared with laughter, holding his stomach with both hands, "I've, I've never seem a kid with such a murderous aura, ahahahaha."

This child was none other than the Chu Wanning who had awoken to find that he had shrunk. The vine that pierced his shoulder at Jincheng Lake must have been enchanted with some kind of curse that turns those stricken back into their five or six year old selves. Thankfully his spiritual power did not also revert, else Chu Wanning felt like he really might as well just die.

Xue Zhengyong went to fetch a set of small-sized uniform for younger disciples, laughing the whole way there and back.

Chu Wanning finally looked a little less comical after changing into the more fitting clothes.

He straightened out the silver-trimmed blue hand guards, looked up to shoot Xue Zhengyong a glare, then said vehemently: "If you dare tell anyone, I will end you."

Xue Zhengyong laughed: "I won't, I won't. But what're you gonna do about this? I don't know anything about healing, so you gotta get someone to take a look right? How about I ask Tanlang Elder to come over......"

Chu Wanning swept his sleeves angrily, but the sleeves of the disciple uniforms were tight and form-fitting, waving them around didn't have the same effect at all. He grew even more grumpy: "Come over and do what, laugh at me?"

"Then how about I ask my wife to come take a look?"

Chu Wanning pressed his lips together and said nothing, looking indignant.

"I'll take that as a yes then?"

Chu Wanning only turned his back to him. Xue Zhengyong knew he was in a bad mood, but the sight was really too funny; he tried to hold back but ultimately failed, and once again burst into uproarious laughter.

Tianwen appeared with a woosh, Chu Wanning glaring at him out of the corner of his eye: "I dare you to laugh again!"

"Ok ok no more laughing. I'll go call my wifey over right away, ahahahaha."