Arc 3: (Chapter 292-294)

Chapter 292: [Sisheng Peak] The Heart Is Like the Sea

Taxian-Jun turned his head and saw Song Qiutong dressed in gorgeous clothes, looking very beautiful and charming. She was leading her maid servants towards them.

He stretched out his hand to lift the curtain and stopped. Without batting an eyelid, he closed the bamboo curtain and asked, "What's wrong?"

"Since I have nothing better to do, I might as well take a walk and eat." Song Qiutong bowed slightly, her gaze soft as she looked at the carriage. "Is A-Ran going out?"

"Going to the night market of the Wuchang Town."

She smiled, submissively but affectionately: "It's such a short way to ride in a carriage. You're not alone, are you?"

His patience with her was not bad, so he smiled and said, "Not alone."

Song Qiutong gaze roamed about, her gaze falling upon the yellow rosewood pedals. The girl's thoughts were meticulous, she only needed a single turn to have the answer. Her expression was stiff at first, but then she revealed a happy look: "Ah, could it be that it's little sister consort Chu?"

"..."

One could almost imagine the expression on Chu Wanning's face when he heard the address, "Mmm. It's him."

The expression on the woman's face became increasingly bright and gorgeous. It was to the extent that even the clouds in the sky seemed to be overshadowed. "This is great. We have stayed in the palace for three years yet we had only seen consort Chu on the day of the wedding, and she was still wearing her veil. What kind of good day is it today, to think that we would meet each other."

She smiled and said, "Do you wish to invite us two sisters to meet?"

Taxian-Jun shook his head: "He has an aloof personality, he doesn't feel comfortable seeing strangers. Still a mute. Don't bother."

Although Song Qiutong had always listened to Mo Ran's words, her heart was itching. What's more, she could be said to have accumulated resentment towards consort Chu for a long time, ever since the day of their marriage she was abandoned by her husband for no reason.

She was humiliated. Afterwards, she heard many gossip from the palace maids, saying that the Emperor's wedding night was left in consort Chu's room until almost dusk the next day before he came out.

"He didn't stop the whole night! That sound really took a person's life."

"I heard from the people on duty that they counted with their fingers at least seven or eight times. His Majesty is too capable."

There were even more court ladies who giggled. "Isn't the one who can do it esteemed Imperial Consort? Seven or eight times in a night. I'm afraid the little prince will be here very soon."

However, what made Song Qiutong most embarrassed were the whispers such as, "The empress is so beautiful, I didn't expect her to lose his favor on their wedding night." "This isn't etiquette at all. His Majesty really doesn't give face to the empress!"

She felt as if Imperial Consort Chu had slapped her face. The burning pain on her face has not abated in the past three years.

In the end, even her servant girl had a grudge in her heart as she gritted her teeth and ruthlessly complained, "I wonder which mountain's fox cultivated its quintessence to the point where His Majesty is confused and disoriented."

She then advised her, "Empress, don't be too sad. Although His Majesty sleeps with her almost every night, she is not pregnant. Her health is probably not too good, and she will not have a child for the rest of her life. His Majesty was just playing with her. Sooner or later, he will get tired of it."