Arc 3: (Chapter 277-279)

Chapter 277: [Tianyin Pavilion] This Venerable One Is Lonely and Cold

With this shout, that fierce killing intent of that golden light was summoned. Its infernal energy defied the heavens!

The crowd paled, and the high-ranking disciples of the Tianyin Pavilion took a step back in fear. However, they braced themselves and shouted, "You are not allowed to retreat, you are not allowed to let go!"

"How can we let such a disaster go on! We must eliminate the roots!"

Both sides had no choice but to take action. The atmosphere was extremely tense.

"Attack!"

The sound was like a drop of water falling into a wok, instantly creating a clamor! He saw the magic curse and the sharp blade slashing down from the middle of the execution ground from all directions, while Chu Wanning's hand was holding Huaisha, the golden light blocked with a 'clang clang clang clang'. With his strength alone, he faced the cultivators rushing over like a tidal wave. The sword qi in his phoenix eyes intertwined with the blood flowers, making him look like an Asura.

He held Mo Ran, protected the sword, protected the flesh, protected his life, and protected his future innocence.

No one listened to his explanation. No one was willing to let two beasts in dire straits to return home. No hope, no redemption, no trust, no light.

All they had left was each other.

"Mo Ran, bear with it a bit longer and I'll take you away."

All of a sudden, a powerful curse struck Chu Wanning's arm, causing blood to gush out like a fountain. The wound was so deep that even the bones could be seen. However, Chu Wanning only bit his lower lip and swung his sword.

"Get out of the way!" The cultivators on the Tianyin pavilion cried out in alarm, "Get out of the way!"

With an astonishing power, the sword slashed down with a loud bang. Sand and stone filled the sky, sword beams crisscrossing each other, creating an immeasurably deep chasm on the ground.

Mu Yanli's voice was shrill, "Chu Wanning! Do you still follow the cultivation path?"

"..."

Seeing that he had ignored her, Mu Yanli became even angrier, and shouted sternly: "Could it be that you want to openly oppose the god heirs, defying the will of the heavens?!"

Someone from the spectator's seats also shouted, "Immortal Elder Beidou, please stop. Are you going to be a felon in the cultivation world?"

Under the explosive killing intent of Huaisha, no one in the surroundings could immediately take half a step forward.

Chu Wanning finally turned his face to the side, looked at the cultivators from the Tianyin Pavilion and said, "... I already am."

Finished speaking, he clenched his teeth as he carried the dying Mo Ran onto his shoulder and said hoarsely, "Don't be afraid, it's all over. Let's go, let's go home. I'll take you home."

However, when he looked ahead, he saw that there was already a path of blood and bones crisscrossing in front of him. As he killed the cultivators of the Tianyin Pavilion, more and more bloodshot death warriors emerged from behind the broken limbs and bodies.

Where was home?

They had nowhere to go, only hell.

In the end, he didn't know how many people he had killed before he was finally able to escape. When he brought Mo Ran out of the nine heavens, his entire body was trembling. He had never taken so many innocent lives before. Right now, his body was stained with the blood of Mo Ran, his own blood, and most of all, the blood of the dead soldiers of the Tianyin Pavilion.