11- The Past Stays Past

( Ryujin )

the heavy atmosphere got more uneasier from time to time, thanks to Karina who was shamelessly trying to hit on Ryujin,
It started to annoy her if she had to be honest.

„You never really told me about your new connections Ryu." The conversation had been stuck at the things that happened for past few weeks, Karina was more than curious and it showed.

„Well, there wasn't really a need to say anything plus I didn't have the time." Ryujin innocently said knowing it would offend the other in someway, she had tried to hint that things between them had changed now and that their so called friendship wasn't really there anymore.

( Flashback )
2021

Ryujin had turned 20 a while ago and with the amount of stress she was having a little party wouldn't hurt. The girl was meeting up with Winter and Karina, two girls she had met at a bar, she admitted they were quiet fun to be around with even though Karina was more the bold type at such events.

Karina had always showed signs of interest to her but Ryujin never really tried to acknowledge that, afterall she was already busy enough in life which leaves relationships out of the list, but replaced with flings instead.

However it never was more than a make out, the girl knew what she was doing right?

Ryujin proceeded to walk towards the entrance of the Club that had just newly opened in the area, the locations she knew weren't close to those cheap and messy house parties that everyone would visit during highschool but it also wasn't close to those rich and snobby looking Clubs, It's a perfect in between which only excited Ryujin more.

As soon as she got through the entrance she had decided to not waste time and look for the two girl's she was meeting up with, It didn't take long for her to spot Winter and Karina sitting on stool's infront of the bar.

„Sorry, I wasn't able to show up on time." Ryujin apologized even if she knew the others wouldn't really mind.

„There you are, we already ordered some shots for you come on!" Winter said happily offering a seat next to her.

„Already?" Ryujin asked amused, she wasn't sure if it was a good idea to get wasted with them, however she didn't want to ruin the fun and decided to go with the flow.

a few hours had passed and the raven haired was close to being wasted, she had a lot of fun and a surprisingly very good mood, thanks to the alcohol in her system.

„Karina, you should be more careful don't you think?" Winter asked, she was the one who seemed to be in best shape and seeing Karina getting more bold with the other concerned her, afterall Karina was someone she adored a lot, maybe even like her but Winter didn't really admit it that time.

Things were starting to not look great so Winter had eventually found herself talking to other people, she didn't really have the strength and motivation to keep everything in line.

what happens, happens.

Meanwhile Ryujin had noticed how the other kept getting closer to her, she would definitely dodge this situation but hey she isn't sober enough to even think of it.

„I don't think this is ideal." She managed to say even though her words came a little slurred , but it didn't really help a lot.

Karina's arms had eventually found their way around Ryujin's neck and before she could even process it the lips of the other were pressed on her's, the impulsive decision to let the alcohol do it's thing was something Ryujin would regret after.

This had happened at a few other parties too till Ryujin realized that what was happening isn't right, stuff like this was only a one-time thing for the girl and Karina expected more which started to concern her.

( End of Flashback )

Ryujin snapped out of her thought's, mentally cursing herself for the stuff that had happened a good year ago.

„Well I think it's getting late." She said and got up followed by Winter until Karina had gestured for the other to sit back down.

I'll lead her to the door, you choose a movie today."  Karina insisted.

Ryujin raised a brow but decided to not protest, there was nothing much to complain about anyway.

She then finally did as she said and went with Ryujin towards the door, the girl put on her boots and jacket, ready to bid her goodbye till Karina had suddenly gotten closer to her before speaking up.

„I feel like you have been avoiding me, we haven't seen eachother in a long time hm?" Karina spoke, playing with the hem of the jacket the other was wearing, Ryujin already felt the annoyance in her rise and sighed taking a step back to distance herself.

„I was not avoiding you and I have no time to argue." Karina immediately frowned hearing the attitude in her word's, still she tried and went closer for the second time.

„You barely talked to me though come on, I want to go back to what we had last year, sounds fun no?" 

Ryujin was now starting to get upset stepping away once again „Karina, what we did back then was stupid, I wasn't even sober can't you just let go of it and move on." She knew that she sounded like an asshole who had just broken someone's heart with a lame excuse, but it was only explainable that way. Karina was always envious of others and barely listened to what Ryujin had to say, their dumb decision was always left as a reason for her to justify the way she act's, and with that the girl opened the door obviously getting stopped again.

„Stop being so stupid Ryujin, just because we started off that way doesn't mean we can't go back and start over again." Karina said, hoping it would convince the other.

„I already explained that it's not the case, now if you excuse me I still have to meet someone els-„

Ryujin had gotten interrupted with a gesture from Karina to stop speaking „Ohhh I get it, you're meeting that Yeji aren't you?? the way you talked about her nonstop, it's obvious that you are hoe-ing around with her!" She then yelled leaving the other standing with a look of disbelief.

Ryujin's jaw clenched at the word's, she knew that she was anything but that and so was Yeji, it maddened her that Karina had the audacity to use this term when Yeji in fact is a very caring human being.

„Nobody is hooking up with anybody here get that nonsense out of your delusional head! we are nothing Karina." She sighed and fixed her jacket „The past stays past, deal with it wether you like it or not." Ryujin then finished her sentence, finally walking out of there leaving the mad woman behind.

There will now be more happening in a few of the upcoming chapter's.