18 - Dead Ends

( Ryujin )

Oh how difficult, Ryujin's desire to go to Yeji's place was huge. Knowing what had happened though she decided not to, she needed to set a distance.

And so she found herself at Nayeon's café to buy a beverage to-go, still wanting to stop by at Chaeryeong's place. Ryujin walked in, the ringing of the bell above the door that echoed through the place, being the only noise.

Nayeon had raised her head to see who walked in, a wide and bright smile immediately appearing on the woman's face. „Ryujin you're back!" She greeted the girl and walked over to the register „It's been a while so It's nice to see you, the usual?" Nayeon asked.

Ryujin only nodded with a small smile, her head was filled with thoughts she couldn't quite sort out and she already had a lot to take this morning.

„Don't mind me asking.. but where's the girl you had brought with you last time? relationship problems?" The owner of the place asked nonchalantly which made her sigh. „You could say so." by that time Nayeon had already started to make the coffee and gave her a glance „Flowers and a genuine will to make it up to her." She simply said.

Thats when Ryujin realized that she hadn't corrected the older woman.

„Relationship?" She mumbled to herself and said the word repeatedly in her head.

Receiving her drink Ryujin thanked Nayeon and decided to leave the café, now planning to make her way to Chaeryeong.

When she thought about it she had thought that what she did was alright, the way Ryujin handled this morning.

And leaving Yeji sitting there.

-

„You're a stubborn bitch." Chaeryeong said and shrugged.

God, why did she come here again? right, to knock some sense into her head since Ryujin knew Chaeryeong would speak nothing but the facts.

„So you had a good night with her, woke up, stayed with her for not even thirty minutes and leave? Who taught you like that?" She deadpanned, and god it was hard for her to hear that.

Nevertheless she listened to Chaeryeong and swallowed everything she said to her, leaving her with her own thoughts for a second.

Didn't she do this for Yeji and her safety? Ryujin knew she had crossed a line but it wasn't like she didn't try to fix it, I mean this could be a way right?

„Look." Ryujin said with a huff as she leaned back into the couch „What else do you want me to do after something like that? stay with her or continue to be friends like nothing ever happened?" At some point she knew defending herself didn't have any point or good outcome.

She messed up.

The conversation continued as she accepted and swallowed that fact, the topic of the following thing that happened at her parents then came up.

And to be honest what was there much to say? That case ended up getting worse obviously and despite of Ryujin telling herself she would fix it herself she had to think of how.

Part of herself regretted saying she would fix it herself, how idiotic of her.

„So you are on your own now?" Chaeryeong cautiously asked as she sat up, interested in what Ryujin has to say.