Chapter 31

NOTICE: This is a fictional story, nothing about this story is real. Any depictions of mature content is merely fictional. If this story is not for you then don't read it.

Please reframe from comparing the themes or any actions displayed by the characters as real life because they ARE NOT REAL.

I shouldn't have to make this but there you go, it's fiction and not real life...

Thank you and enjoy!

---------
Hey guys, sorry for not updating in awhile.

Hope you enjoy!
-------
Matt’s POV:

“Where are you taking me?” Damien groaned for the fourth time this past hour.

“Now if I told you it wouldn’t be a surprise, would it?” I replied, I tried to keep the amusement from slipping into my voice but the more Damien complained, the harder it became. 

“You could at least take off the blindfold. Being in the darkness for hours and hours isn’t as fun when you don’t know where you are.”

“Okay for starters it hasn’t been hours and hours, it’s been just over one hour, and second if I take off your blindfold you will know where we are going.” I chuckled. With all the stress that Damien had been going through lately, Xander and I decided to take him out for a day to get away and relax. At first I had been hesitant as Xander was only a week away from giving birth and wouldn’t be able to come with us, but he had insisted that we go just the two of us.

I honestly can’t remember the last time Damien and I spent time together alone, ever since we found Xander we hadn’t thought of anything else other than spending every second we could with him, and we were happy, very happy. But I do miss spending time with my brother, we’ve been joined at the hip our whole lives, doing everything together and going everywhere together. We never bored in each other's company, pretty much having everything in common since we began to walk and talk. We loved the same foods, the same toys and books, when we got older we liked the same songs and clothes, played the same games, the only differences we ever had were our taste in books, Damien always loved murder mysteries whereas I loved books on cooking. 

We were also together throughout all our hardships in life, from Damien being bullied to us almost losing Xander. But before Xander there was a place where we used to always go, it was a place where we could escape from everything, just being together.

And that place we always went to, was the very place I was taking Damien today. I was a bit worried about what his reaction would be, it has been a few years since we’d set foot in this place that I wondered if it would upset him too much.

“Why is your heart beating like crazy?” Damien asked, worry etching into our bond. We were only five minutes away now, and I was tempted to turn back, but I knew that he needed this, we both needed this.

“Nothing really, we’re almost there.” I tried to play down but I could tell by his sigh that he wasn’t having it.

“I’m your twin brother dumbass, we are also part of the same soul, I know when something is up with you.”

I let out a sigh of my own as the car finally pulled to a stop in front of an all too familiar tree, my heart clenched as I stared at it, so many memories beginning to flood back to me.

“Okay seriously Matt what’s wrong? You're freaking me out!” Damien exclaimed as he took off his seatbelt. I stared at him for a few seconds before I took a deep breath, reaching over and gently untying the back of the blindfold letting it fall into his lap. I watched him slowly open his eyes, my chest in knots as he let his vision adjust before he froze. He didn’t move, not one inch, he just stared. I tried to listen to his pulse but his heart remained level, no rapid breathing, no shaking or trembling, nothing.