Chapter 44

NOTICE: This is a fictional story, nothing about this story is real. Any depictions of mature content is merely fictional. If this story is not for you then don't read it.

Please reframe from comparing the themes or any actions displayed by the characters as real life because they ARE NOT REAL.

I shouldn't have to make this but there you go, it's fiction and not real life...

Thank you and enjoy!

---------

Matt's POV:

Silence defended the room as myself and Damien sat eating the food I had brought back from the diner, as I ate Damien just picked at his. Taking small bites here and there.
He hadn't said more then two words to me since I put Xander to bed. But then...

"What did they have to say?" Damien asked, referring to the conversation I had with our parents.

"As soon as I brought up the safe house and what we found, papa mentioned that Phoenix of the Warlock Chalice Coven had been sending reports to him of peculiar sightings around his grounds, as well as the surrounding areas." I said. Damien's face scrunched up in confusion. "What does he mean by peculiar?"

"Phoenix as well as some other pack leaders have reported burnt out campfires, sort of unknown people or creatures sneaking around. But he said that there's only been sightings, no attacks." I said.

"Why has he not told us any of this before? How long has he been keeping this from us, from Xander?" Damien seemed as irritated as I had been when papa told me.
"Papa said these sightings have been happening on and off for a few months."

"Months! Why?"

"Papa thinks it's related to the kidnapping with Louis." I could feel the heat from Damien's blood boiling from where I sat. "We killed that son of a bitch!" he growled under his breath. I couldn't help giving Damien a sympathetic look.

"I know, but remember he wouldn't have worked on his own." I said. Clearly going around this gently wasn't working because murder was swimming in his eyes. "Damien, I know your angry. Look at me," his eyes met mine reluctantly, "nothing is going to happen to Xander, not again. Louis most likely still had followers who stayed behind before the kidnapping."

"Your funking kidding me," Damien grumbled as he pushed his dinner away from him, "so what does this mean now?"

"Papa said that they've hunted and killed the creatures who posed as a threat, some of the ones who trespassed however got away. When I told him about the safehouse he said he was going to send his warriors over to investigate immediately."

Damien sighed heavily. I'll admit I was relieved that our father's were taking an immidiate approach. "I still don't get why he'd not tell us. Xander's just gotten used to leaving the pack with ease, this could undo all of that." he said, a bit calmer now.

"This will not undo anything because you and I are going to make sure that doesn't happen." I argued, and we weren't. It simply took too long to get Xander out of the rut he was in, especially his protectiveness of Luca. Since Luca was a hybrid it meant he was always gonna be a bigger target than the rest of us.

I went quiet for a bit, not knowing how exactly I was going to approach this next topic.

"Spit it out." Damien said suddenly.

"What?"

"You look like you have something your dying to say." he said. "Do I?" I tried to sound surprised but Damien wasn't buying it.

"Yes you do, besides you've been talking to me nonstop this whole time and have now gone deathly silent." he smirked as he finished speaking making me glare at him. I was quiet because I didn't know how he'd feel.