chapter 13

Three years later

"Meet me at our usual spot at in about 20 minutes, okay?" I hummed as i packed my handbag with my necessary stuffs, which only consists of my purse, lip balm, my ID card and my favourite essential, earphones which i cannot leave the house without.

"Okay, I'll see you soon bye" i toss my phone on the bed and i zip the bag and walk over to the closet, removing my pajamas and shorts i picked out a denim jeans and a fluffy sleeve Baby blue blouse. I put on a belt and a watch around my wrist, brushing my hair and applying lipbalm,i grabed my side bag, put on my nude sandals and head downstairs.

Heading towards the kitchen, i grab a glass and filled it with water as i rest my hips on the countertop. Nobody is home today because my mom is at work which by now she'll be off shift soon but i messaged her that I'm meeting Jennie and her currently new boyfriend Lucas and she said okay.

Apparently Jennie texted me two days ago that she met a guy named Lucas Klein in nearby subway store that she worked as a part timer.

And there she came across Lucas who came there to buy cold drinks, she met him and he instantly flirted with her, asking her then and there for her number and that's how they begin their relationship.

I haven't met him yet but she talks about him all the time, in the prior of two days she's instantly head over heels for him and i can't blame her enough.

I gulp down last drops and set the glass aside and walk towards the door, i had ordered an Uber and it should be here any minute now.

I take the keys from the bowl set in the counter and lock the door, as i turn instantly the winds blows heavily and my hair that took minutes to set it goes all over my face.

I smoothe down my hair and wait for the car, the car comes in after two minutes and i get in give him my code and we head off.

After reaching my destination i pay his fare and walk out, walking inside the the cafe and I'm instantly engulfed by the auroma of the coffee and vanilla scent candles with the bustling of chatters and murmurs in the background with the bell which set at the doors frame that chimes whenever a customer comes in and out.

I find my usual spot by the window and sit down, it was only after few minutes the bell chimes notifying someone came in. Jennie comes with her happy face and hugs me. She sits down and a guy comes in and hugs me.

"Hello I'm Lucas, it is finally nice to meet you" he says, he's voice little deeper.

"Hello I'm stella, nice to meet you too" i smile. I notice he's lean built, and he looks handsome too with his blonde hair and green eyes. She found a good fish.

"Jennie keeps talking about you whenever we meet" Lucas says as he sits down, his accent sounding like Latin.

"Oh yeah?" I eye Jennie who's sat in front of me with Lucas beside clunging her arm in  i hope she didn't say too many embarassing things about me.

"Oh don't worry stels i didn't tell him about your clumsy habbits where you always kiss the ground" i widen my eyes and if only she's sitting close to me I would've shut tape her mouth.

"Jennie! Please don't mind her she's telling all lies" i laugh nervously to Lucas who returns with a chuckle, I low my head down in embarrassment.

After a while a female waiter comes in and she took our orders and then we continued to talk. Lucas tolded me he's twenty who finished his graduation and he's works in one of his dad's business but he's very passionate about his artist creativity so he paints in his free time and sells his art online.