talkative

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Dream has a lot to say about his beloved pacifier, and Sapnap is more than happy to listen.

Dream is comfortably deep in his headspace where he lies snuggled up to Sapnap on the latter's bed one afternoon. It has been a slow day so far, and with George busy with video recordings, Dream has spent most of his time by Sapnap's side just watching him type away on his laptop.

Well, more like listening to him type. Most of Dream's attention is on the thing in his hands, his pacifier, holding it and pulling it in and out of his mouth to feel the comforting plastic move on his tongue.

Click click click is the sound the keyboard makes on Sapnap's laptop as he writes stuff, emails maybe? Dream is much too distracted (and regressed) to know.

"Click, click," he parrots the sound, only half aware of his own words. His eyes remain glued to the blue soother pinched between his thumbs and pointer fingers.

Sapnap glances down at him with a fond smile. "What're you up to little one? You've been so quiet I thought you were sleeping."

Dream giggles and tips his head up to meet his gaze. "I'm not sleepin', papa."

"Well I see that now, silly." Sapnap teases, tickling the boy's side lightly until he's laughing and squirming away. Dream settles down again with a sigh, returning his focus to the thing in his hands.

Sapnap notices how uptaken he is by it, tilting his head to the side with fond curiosity. "Do you like your pacifier, honey?"

Dream nods. "Mhm. Feels weally nice in my mouth," he describes absent-mindedly.

"Yeah," Sapnap butts in to show he's listening, though he is looking back at his computer screen now.

"An' is so soft an' smooth," Dream continues. "Also–" he pokes his friend's chest to get his attention, "papa also."

His efforts pay off as Sapnap turns back to look down at him, smiling gently. "What was that, baby?"

Dream feels his cheeks warm a little at the attention from Pandas, never failing to make him all bashful and fuzzy. But he's quick to remember what he wanted to say– "Also I like it 'cause of the colow."

"Oh yeah? You like the blue?"

"Blue," he echoes with a nod. "An'– an' you wanna know what mowe I like, Pandas?"

Sapnap smiles and slides his laptop away, finally deciding to give Dream his undivided attention. He clearly has a talkative baby on his hands today.

"I would absolutely love to know."

Dream smiles too, eager to say all the things he's thinking about. "Makes me feel mowe calm, 'cause it keep my mouth busy," he explains, "like when I gotta sleep an' stuff."

"Uh-huh." Sapnap is petting his cheek, nodding along.

"An 'member when I was sick, papa?"

"I remember."

Dream hums, giving his pacifier a longing look. "I couldn't have my paci den 'cause I had to bweathe wid my mouth all de time..."

"Yeah, 'cause your nose was so stuffy, right?"

"Mhm," Dream nods. "An' I was coughin' a lot too when I was sick, so pacifiew would fall out." He's pouting as he says it, remembering how awful it felt to be under the weather.

"Poor baby," Sapnap coos, carding his fingers through a blond fringe.

"Yeah, I missed my paci a lot den," Dream says sadly.

"But now you have it!" Sapnap gives a loving poke to his cheek, which Dream writhes away from with a giggle.

"Now I has it!" He repeats happily, no longer thinking about that time he was sick– that's all over now. He lifts the pacifier up in the air over his face with both hands, grinning wide.

His friend chuckles at his excitement. "You wanna put it back in your mouth now maybe?"

Dream brings it back down to eye level and considers it for a moment before shaking his head. "Jus' wanna hold it fo' now, I like holdin' it."

Sapnap smiles ever so fondly. "Okay, whatever you want honey."

...

They grow quiet for a bit, only interrupted by the occasional hum from Dream and brief typing from Sapnap who has now reopened his laptop to resume his work from before.

Dream shifts in his spot after a while to get comfier and rubs his face in Sapnap's arm before settling against it with a small sigh. "I think..." he trails off, eyes fluttering shut.

Sapnap brings a warm hand to the boy's forehead and brushes a couple of stray strands from it. "What do you think, prince?"

Pink lips tug up into a sleepy smile (he loves being called prince), then open up to make room for a big yawn. "I think is time fo' a nap now," Dream confesses.

Sapnap chuckles. "Alright honey, you can take a nap if you want to."

Dream giggles and curls up to his caregiver's side. "I like when you say honey," he mumbles, smiling as arms wrap around him and hold him close.

"You're my honey. My little honey bear," Sapnap tells him followed by a little kiss on his cheek. "Don't forget your paci now," he adds quietly, guiding the pacifier to Dream's mouth.

And like clockwork, the blue soother instantly starts bobbing against the boy's lips as he suckles on it for familiar comfort.

"Bye-bye papa," Dream pipes up, too small and tired to remember to take his paci out before talking, but it's okay.

Sapnap can't help but smile at the blond's drowsy remark, having to resist every urge to squish him for being so endearing. Cute aggression or whatever it's called.

"Bye-bye, see you later," he chuckles quietly in reply, though Dream is already fast asleep.

935 words

i hope everyone is having a good day/night :]

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*