timeout?

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Little Dream gets very upset and says some things he regrets.

i wrote this a long time ago so if the style seems a little different that's why :)

While little Dream is far from a troublemaker, that doesn't mean that every day is sunshine and rainbows. Sometimes he can get a hangup on something that he just can't let go of without a fuss. Overwhelming feelings that he's not quite sure what to do with.

Often this will leave him a mix of stubborn and overall whiny, which can make for some interesting standoffs with his friends/caregivers. Today is no exception to that.

This time around, the hangup revolves around something as simple as wanting a glass of water.

...

"But I wan' it!" Dream stomps his foot weakly on the kitchen tiles, his voice whiny and worn out.

It's a stormy day, both inside and outside of the house.

"Dream," George warns gently. "I've told you enough times now, okay? You're not getting another glass after you just broke one."

Dream just kicks the floor again. "Give me," he draws out. "I'm thirsty!"

George looks between murky green eyes with his gentlest expression, trying to soothe the frustration from them.

"You have water right there, baby," he says, slightly exasperated, pointing to the half-full yellow sippy cup in Dream's hand. His bunny is hanging by her ear in his other fist, clutched much tighter than necessary.

Dream shakes his head, refusing to give in.

George sighs. "Or you can have a bottle of water from the fridge if you want that instead?" He proposes, trying his hardest to stay patient with the boy. It has been a long morning.

"No," Dream whines. "I wan' it in a glass. Wan' it now."

"Did you forget that I just finished cleaning up the pieces of the one you dropped on the floor about," George checks his phone pointedly, "thirty minutes ago?" He looks back up at Dream, eyebrows raised expectantly.

Dream looks at his feet with a huff. "That was on acciden'," he mumbles.

"I know it was, darling. But it still happened, okay? So it's safer if you stick to plastic cups when you're regressed."

"I'm not!" Dream retorts, flitting his eyes back up.

George just gives him a deadpan look, one that says 'you sure about that?', which only serves to make Dream more upset.

"A no is a no, love. I'm not telling you again. Let's just be done with this now, okay?"

"No!" Dream shoots back, voice wavering with the tears gathering in his eyes. "You're bein' mean to me," he says, breathing heavily.

And he could have stopped there, just left the room before any more venomous words left his mouth. But ultimately, his bubbling frustration gets the better of him. "I hate you!" He exclaims, and then, even more regrettably; "I don' wanna talk to you ever again!"

After a moment's hesitation, he throws his sippy and his bunny forcefully on the floor before storming out of the room, leaving George to sigh in the kitchen.

Dream stumbles to the couch where he curls up into the smallest form of himself that he can, wanting to hide away from everything he just said. And he cries; quiet, snotty sobs muffled in the sofa pillows.