apple of my eye

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Warm apple juice anyone?

this one is a little messy i apologize </3

Dream hangs his arms off the back of the couch with a sigh, looking away from the episode of Adventure Time that is playing on TV. He has his pacifier in his left hand, and dangling from his right is his sippy cup.

There was ice water in it before which he has been sipping on idly while relaxing between soft pillows, but it's all gone now, and he would quite like something else to drink.

He glances over at Sapnap who is sitting just a few meters away from him, in the soft loveseat they call the 'cozy chair' with his Macbook open in his lap. Dream knows he's doing work, but surely he won't mind a little interruption.

"Napnap?" He calls out, cheek squished against his arm.

Sapnap's head snaps up at the sound of his name, meeting Dream's waiting gaze with a smile. "What's up?"

Dream shakes his cup around in his hand slightly. "P'ease can I have apple juice?" He asks, sweet as anything. Sapnap guesses he might have slipped a little younger since he put on the cartoon for him earlier.

He gives the boy a smile, moving his laptop onto the floor so he can stand up. "Yeah? Did you finish all your water?"

Dream nods proudly and sits up a little, holding out his cup with an outstretched arm.

Sapnap walks over and takes it, looking down at the boy with a fond smile. "Want it in your cup?" He asks, to which he receives another big nod in reply.

"An' you make it warm?" Dream tilts his head to the side in question, making him look adorably similar to a puppy.

Sapnap tries to hide his confusion. "Make the juice warm?"

"Yes p'ease," Dream replies politely, smiling brightly.

"Uh, I guess I can do that," is all Sapnap can say. Sure, it's a little out of the ordinary, but he'll just about do anything for that boy.

Dream beams up at him, "Thank you!" And then he flips himself around to face the TV again, instantly engrossed in the story.

Sapnap chuckles and shakes his head, fondness seeping through his every move. He goes to the kitchen and gives the sippy cup a quick rinse before he fills it with apple juice and places it in the microwave for a few seconds.

He makes sure to check that it's not too warm before heading back to the living room where Dream is very patiently waiting.

"Delivery for Dream," he announces as he passes through the door.

The boy whips around with a grin on his lips, eyes drawn to his approaching drink.

"Here you go, buddy," Sapnap smiles, letting Dream grab it with both hands.

"Thank you," he says without meeting Sapnap's eyes, a bashful lilt to his voice.

"Of course, honey." Sapnap pets the boy's cheek with his thumb. "Is that how you wanted it?"

Dream nods, the rubber tip of the cup already slotted between his lips.

Sapnap ruffles his hair. "Alright, good to hear. I'm gonna get back to work now, okay? Need anything else before I do?"

Dream swallows his mouthful of warm juice. "Cuddles?"

Another smile tugs at Sapnap's lips as he looks into hopeful eyes.