tv static

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

TV programs and cuddles on the couch:)

last update before dream's face reveal :0

Today is a quiet day. Rain is tapping softly on the windows and the roof, and the sky it's falling from is a mellow gray.

Dream pads into the living room, hands in his pockets and eyes searching for a particular someone. On days like these, he almost always regresses at some point. And he is definitely feeling fuzzy now, leaning towards the younger side, hence why he is seeking out his friend.

He finally spots him on the couch and heads straight over, not saying anything as he slides onto the floor right between George's legs and the coffee table, glancing up at him.

"Wh–" George looks up from his phone in surprise, though his expression softens quickly when his eyes meet green. "Oh, hey Dream."

At the sound of his name, Dream's lips turn up into a shy smile. He stays silent, though, and just puts his chin on George's pulled-up leg, looking up at him sort of expectantly.

George chuckles and tilts his head to the side, lifting a hand to blond hair and running his fingers through them a bit. "What are you trying to tell me, huh?"

Dream presses his cheek to George's knee, blinking up at him with big eyes.

"TV?" He pipes up.

The smile on George's face grows. "You want me to turn it on for you?" He asks to clarify, getting a simple, happy nod in response. A boy of few words, Dream can be sometimes.

"Alright," George chuckles, hand already grabbing for the remote from the armrest next to him.

After the press of a red button, the flatscreen flickers onto the news channel. A news anchor with a kind smile is presenting the weather in the state and local area for the upcoming week. Lots of rain, it seems.

George averts his gaze down to the remote again, surely this isn't something Dream wants to watch. "Let me put on something more interesting for you–"

But before he can click anything, Dream yelps out a small "no!", flips around, and snatches the plastic right from his hands. He then turns around again just as quickly and holds it with both hands between his chest and knees, like he's protecting it.

"No," he repeats, softer this time, and George can hear the proud little smile playing on his lips.

"Okay, okay. Up to you," George says, happy to let the boy do whatever he wants. Dream bends his head down for a few moments, presumably to study all the buttons he can control, before tipping it back up and returning his attention to the TV with a content sigh.

Gentle fingers begin to run through his hair again, and they sit and watch the weather forecast for a few minutes, though George is unsure as to how much of it Dream actually registers. Maybe that's not really the point.

It doesn't take too long before Dream's gaze starts to drift, though. He looks down again and fidgets with the remote, George watching him fondly in the corner of his eye.

Dream runs his fingertips over the rubber buttons, smiling at the weird texture. Then he decides to press one of them, just to experiment, and as soon as he does he flits sparkly eyes back up at the TV.

He changed the channel!

Now the screen is filled with a nature program about animals that live in the African savannah. A herd of elephants shows up and Dream can't help but let out a little gasp at the sight.

"Elephants," he turns around excitedly. "George—elephants!" He points to them with an outstretched arm and tightly pointed finger.

George is quick to match his level of enthusiasm, his face lighting up with a smile. "Yeah! Look at them all!"

"Look at them," Dream echoes, sitting back to face the animals, lips slightly parted and eyes wide. On the field, two young ones start to chase each other around, which makes Dream giggle. "Babies," he mumbles. Mostly to himself, probably, but George doesn't miss it.

And honestly, he is being so cute right now that George just wants to squish him.

After a while of amazedly watching wild animals in their natural habitat and half-listening to the lulling voiceover in the background, Dream eventually tires of it. He rips his gaze from the screen and looks down at his buttons again.

"How go back?" He asks, voice slightly higher than usual.

George twists a strand of golden hair around his fingers. "Back to the weather? I think it might be over by now, though."

His answer makes Dream turn around and look at him, a frown appearing on his features. "Why?"

George feels himself soften at the sight, and he moves his hand to thumb over Dream's freckled cheek. He looks so genuinely disappointed.

"It only lasts for a little while, love. I think we watched it all," he explains gently.

Dream huffs and slumps onto him, laying his head in his lap. A pout is firmly set on his lips. He wishes that the weather segment would last forever!

"Do you wanna go do something else, maybe?" George suggests softly, head to one side.

In response, Dream just shakes his head and buries his face into George's sweatpants.

Familiar with the blond's stubbornness, George lets out a hum, feigning thoughtfulness. "We can... play a game?"

Blond curls bounce as Dream shakes his head again.

"We can... read a book together?"

There is some hesitation this time, but eventually, his response is another headshake.

George sighs fondly. "We can..." he pauses, drawing out the silence to catch Dream's attention. "Cuddle?"

Now that is an offer Dream can't refuse. He pokes his head back up and meets George's eyes.

Love squeezes George's heart at the boy's adorable expression. He smiles, "Yeah? You wanna cuddle?"

Sheepish now, Dream nods and presses his cheek into his lap again to hide his growing blush.

"Aw," George gives into the urge to lovingly ruffle up his hair. "Come up here, then." He taps his head.

Dream wastes no time in doing exactly that. He pushes himself up off the floor and crawls up into George's arms, snuggling close into him.

They lie down a bit against the armrest, Dream situated comfortably on a warm chest, making sure that he has a perfect view of the nature program that is still playing quietly.

"Comfy?" George checks in, voice right by the boy's ear.

Dream nods happily, humming out a lazy, "Mhm." He is already entranced in the elephants again.

Adorably, he still has the remote in his hand, and every so often he thumbs over the rubber buttons. George watches him with all the affection in the world.

Quiet days are the best days.

1125 words

elephants!

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*