shooting star

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Dream and Pandas :)

A soft sigh passes Dream's lips as he snuggles up under his friend's warm comforter, pulled up so high it nearly covers his eyes. He peers at Sapnap overtop the plush edge.

Sapnap flashes him a soft smile, leaning on his elbow with his head propped up in his hand. "Comfy?"

Dream says nothing, a cheeky grin making its way onto his face, shining through all the way to his eyes.

Sensing his mood, Sapnap slowly lifts two fingers to the bunched-up duvet covering the blond's face. He pauses for a moment before pushing the fabric down with a startle, revealing a very smiley Dream who immediately bursts into giggles at being exposed.

Sapnap smiles right back at him, feeling his heart sparkle in his chest.

"Alright cutie, can I get an age check?"

To this, Dream just shakes his head with another giggle. A laugh that only gets intensified when Sapnap raises an eyebrow and leans in closer to him.

"You sure about that?" He asks slowly, bumping their foreheads together lightly.

Dream smiles and pulls his hands out from underneath the comforter, reaching out clumsily to touch Sapnap's face. Warm, gentle fingers cup a softly stubbled jaw, and Dream proceeds to press the pads of them into Sapnap cheeks, not saying a word – not needing to.

And Sapnap just lets him do as he pleases, of course, content for his face to be pushed and prodded at.

If Dream's behavior is anything to go by, he feels pretty certain that the boy's mental age can't be any higher than two. Baby space is usually what brings out this side of little Dream, the quiet one that likes to touch and feel, using his hands instead of his words.

Happy with the conclusion, Sapnap decides not to ask again. Instead, he directs his attention entirely to the little boy in front of him who still seems to be totally absorbed in feeling his face.

"Are you with me, baby?" Sapnap asks softly, smiling when green eyes snap up to meet his own, the fingers on his cheeks pausing their movement.

"I love you," he says; a little reminder that can never be repeated too many times.

Then, without warning, Dream tackles him in a somewhat aggressively loving hug, effectively pushing Sapnap onto his back with an 'oof'. At least the mattress is soft, he thinks as his hands fall to rest on Dream's sides.

The boy has clambered his way onto his lap, his legs situated on either side of Sapnap's thighs. "I love you!" Dream exclaims, leaning forward and bouncing a bit with sheer enthusiasm over the words he's saying.

Sapnap smiles and takes his hands to hold them gently in place. "Well," he muses, "I love you more."

Dream shakes his head. "Thas' not possible," he says decidedly.

Sapnap hums doubtfully. "I'm... pretty sure it is actually."

The moment he says it, Dream's soft expression contorts into an adorable frown.

Sapnap laughs, "Aw baby, c'mere." He snakes his arms around the blond's back, making Dream giggle as he gets pulled down onto his papa's warm chest, his previous frown wiped clean.

Olive eyes peer up at Sapnap. "But Pandas, you can't love me more 'cause I already love you the most," Dream says, stars trapped in his gaze. "An' most is bigger than more," he adds solemnly.

For a moment, Sapnap just looks at him, grinning like an idiot. This happens sometimes – Dream, most often while regressed, will say something so sweetly earnest that it nearly topples his caregivers over.

Sapnap leans down and presses his lips on the baby's cheek, letting them linger, trying to fit as much of his love into the action as he can.

Dream is already looking at him when he pulls back. "You're the sweetest boy in the universe, you know that?"

The reaction is instant: Dream burrows his face into Sapnap's neck, suddenly so shy that he doesn't know what to do with himself. Though the smile on his lips is audible as he mumbles a small, "Okay."

Sapnap chuckles at his comment and gives him a squeeze, caramel blond curls brushing against his jaw. Okay.

"Okay, so what are you, again? Can you remind me?" He asks, pretending to have forgotten.

Dream moves his face up the slightest bit to look at him, though he's quick to glance to the side when he goes to answer, hiding his mouth behind his sleeve. He mumbles something incoherent, coming out completely muffled.

"What was that?" Sapnap says amusedly.

Dream's cheeks are blushing coral at this point, bashfulness painting every one of his features. He glances up at Sapnap again. "Sweetest boy in the universe?" He repeats, clearer this time.

"That's right!" Sapnap cheers and hugs him close, rocking him back and forth a few times and making Dream giggle once again. "That's exactly what you are."

Dream gazes up at him, cheeks flushed and eyes shining from the compliment.

Sapnap nestles a hand in soft hair, "You're everything, baby."

The words seem to take a moment to swirl around and settle in Dream's floaty mind. "Everythin' baby," he mumbles quietly, mostly to himself, before sinking further into his caregiver.

Sapnap decides then and there that if he could hold his baby like this forever, he would.

885 words

sorry i disappeared for a while, it's exam season </3

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*