Chapter 8

My new teammates and I found ourselves in the academy training yard sitting under a tree near the back. Ko had taken us all here for our team introduction and now sat under the tree while the rest of us sat around him in the shade.

"Alright then," Ko smiled, "why don't we go around and introduce ourselves?"

"Why don't you start sensei," Zumo requested in an eager tone, guess he was really excited. Hm, didn't Sakura say the same thing? Odd, history is a strange thing indeed.

Ko nodded, "right. My name is Ko Hyuga, I'm part of the Hyuga clan and as such I possess the Byakugan dojutsu. I like reading and tea drinking ceremonies and my dream is to help raise my clan's children to become good people. I don't like people who are cruel and would like to be a good father one day."

I used my chakra sensory perk to scan him. From his chakra I could tell he was...soft, like a bird. Not a bad guy, but he had his claws as well. I smiled, I have to say, this chakra sensory thing really is useful.

I cleared my throat, "I'll go next then," I turned to my teams and gained no sign of disapproval. "My name is Yami, I'm an orphan. I like reading and writing and learn new things and my dream is to become a strong kick ass ninja in the future. I don't like people who act like morons and hurt other people for no reason and I suppose....yeah, that's it."

"Alright, me next," China raised her hand excitedly. Ko nodded allowing her to begin, "my name is China Mozen, I'm a civilian and my dream is to become Konoha's top female swordswoman! I liked melee weapons and other cool ninjutsu and ah," she blushed a little before stammering out, "I-I dislike people who are mean to others because of things they can't help."

Her chakra felt like...like soft iron, if treated properly it could be strong, if not it could rumble into dust. Ko smiled, "that's very nice of you. And lastly," he turned to Zumo.

The by grinned, "about time! My name is Zumo Sarutobi! I'm from the Sarutobi clan and am going to be the best ninja to ever come out of that clan! My dream is to be more famous that the third Hokage, my granduncle! I like cake and training and I hate snobby brats who think they're better than everyone else!"

He turned to me and sent me a glare that had me surprised, didn't realise he had a problem with me. His chakra felt hot and uncontrolled, like a cracker ready to blast off.

Ko nodded, "well...that was interesting," he clapped his hands, "now, let's begin."

China blinked, "begin what sensei? Our missions? I was told that won't happen for some time now."

"Oh no no no China, you see, technically, the three off you haven't actually become ninjas yet," Ko smiled.

"What?!" Zumo and China cried out in shock.

Ko nodded, "yes, you see, the academy test is simply to see if you even have the slightest chance of making it in the ninja world. We jonin instructor administer a second test and only by passing that do you actually qualify to become a ninja."

Ping!

Quest Alert!

Pass the secret test!

Rewards:

500 EXP

Allowed to perform mission for Konoha

Failure:

Permanent genin status.

Do you accept?