Chapter 9

As the gates of Konoha came up in the distance I couldn't help but grumbled, "we could have stayed in the Land of tea for a day. It's like we had to come back home immediately. Besides, what if the hammer guy came back?!"

"Yes, and I'm sure a pretty red haired priestess had nothing to do with your desire to stay in the land of tea," Ko said with a knowing smirk.

"You look at that hair and tell me you wouldn't do the same," I scoffed.

"Yami! You idiot!" Chain threw a dulled kunai at me which sailed past my head, "stop talking about girls like that! It's wrong with you?!"

I shrugged, "hey, I just said her hair's pretty, what's wrong with that?"

She growled, looking away in a huff. Next to her Zumo snickered, "you're in trouble now buddy."

I threw my hands up in a desperate motion, "women, you just can't seem to win."

We argued a little more all the way till the Hokage tower before putting it on pause on Ko's insistence. We waited for our turn before going up to him and giving the completed mission scroll to the Hokage.

"Team 11 returning from escort mission to the land of Tea sir," Ko said as he stood at attention.

The hokage nodded as he read the report, confirming the client's signature, "alright, everything seems to be in order. Payment will be given you all at the registry counter. Is there any significant to report or will I be wasting everyone's time with a debriefing?"

"There were no complications during the mission sir. We encountered a few...nasty characters targeting our client but genin Yami managed to scare them off," Ko reported.

Zumo blinked, "when was this?"

"During my shift," I whispered back him.

"Alright then," the Hokage looked at Ko with narrowed eyes, "what happened after the mission?"

Ko sighed, "we encountered...difficulties."

"Explain."

"There were missing nins from the land of Tea attacking the village we were at. At the time we attended a local festival in the village. We had all gone for a special tea ceremony there when we were attacked by a giant fireball. I managed to erect a mud wall and lock the jutsu, protecting the civilians but during the confusion five self taught ninjas came in and kidnapped the princess performing the ceremony.

"Yami went after them, Zumo and China decided to follow his lead. They managed to capture the ninjas and save the priestess, but then a chunin level missing nin from the land of Tea appeared. He managed to hurt China, but thanks to Yami holding him off I was about to arrive on time and drive him away."

The Hokage frowned, "I see," he turned to me, "you risked your life for this woman you didn't even know?"

I shrugged, "a life is a life. I saw my chance to help and I did it."

"Really?" the man smiled, "Stan Lee's writing has too much of an influence on you."

I shrugged, "maybe."

The man sighed, "very well, Ko, have a written report on my desk by tomorrow, the same goes for all three of you. I want every detail written down, understand?" We nodded, "good, you have a week off for training and recovery, dismissed. Next!"

We left the hokage tower and wen our separate ways. Zumo and I actually escorted China home, where her mother looked horrified at seeing her little girl hurt. Her father on the other hand seemed proud when he hear she was injured saving another girl from being kidnapped. Strange dynamic that one.