Chapter 2: Return to the Former Hell

Reimu and the Yakumo Clan departed to the Underground, when the hell was some time ago. Ran has Chen over her head like a Cat giving some love to her master.

Yukari: "Probably Satori-Sama will receive us better than the last time."

The shrine maiden sighs heavily, squinting her ruby eyes.

Reimu: "Fighting her and her pets was a true pain back in the day. Since that day I started to hate heavy summer days."

Ran: "Miss Yukari, we should consider recruiting Rin Kaenbyou for us. I can manage two Shikigami, she has an insane potential with her Necromancy and can be a nice game partner for Chen."

Chen: "Please, nya! I want to be her friend!"

Yukari: "There's no doubt, we'll have to discuss it with her rightful owner. Orin is not just a snack to steal. For now, let's focus on win her contribution to our mission, the Yata-Garasu is another being that we want with us."

Reimu: "Hey, I'm hearing you. And that damned bird again. It was so annoying when she started to dodge my needles flying like if she was Aya and using gravity to burn me out. It's perfect to make that bastard suffer."

Ran: "In fact, we need to have many ex-incident culprit with us. The Scarlet Vampire is already up to help us but isn't enough."

They entered the hole to the Underground and started going down. Everything was dark, with the time some creepy ectoplasm ascends from the walls. No one attacks them since they were considered allies now.

Reimu: "Why them specifically?"

Yukari: "They are the  youkai that Zan Hakurei wanted the most to see dead, that's why their spells should be more effective. I should contact all the sages as well and call Eiki Shiki and Hecatia Lapislazuli. Is to perform a complex ancient ritual, it could be the only way to stop him. You friend, the History Teacher probably knows what I'm talking about. This time you'll have to reach you true inner power, Reimu. The Fantasy Nature Spell is vastly powerful but not enough with this opponent."

Ran: "If Miss Yukari is serious, you can imagine what that does mean."

Reimu: "I see. But that won't stop me, now I'm seeing what the Hakurei Administrator really is, and how my role was nothing more than an egoistic whim because of an old conflict."

Chen: "Sanae is the Maiden that has the Human Faith. Reimu has Faith from us, meow!"

Yukari: "Exactly, your temple has become a Youkai Sanctuary, that's why they pay a visit to you so often. Maybe you are destined to free us from him. You did see, thanks to you, Youkai aren't so hostile anymore and they start to befriend Humanity and other species."

Ran: "Your role with us was for that since the very beginning. Miss Yukari wanted you to help us and serve as a bridge to make a better Gensokyo, you have been trained for that. And to be honest, you are very important to her."

Reimu blushes and just avoids to look anyone with an embarrased expresion. The Sage giggles.

Yukari: "Ow~ how cute you are like that! Oh-hohoho~."

Reimu: "Stop teasing me already. Is not the moment."

Some tickles were recorring the Maiden's stomach, she liked to be teased by the elder Youkai. But she wasn't feeling ready to say anything because she thought that Yukari was just joking and Reimu is just a human, without any doubt she would be outlived by her mentor and doesn't want sad goodbyes. Part of her frustrations were associated with that. Her role as a maiden was another barrier to overcome but a faint smile was drawn on the priest's face. At least that wasn't a problem anymore now that her true labor and the true enemy were revealed.