Chapter 6: The Heaven

Keine and Mokou were still travelling to their next destination. After having success in Netherworld, another important piece of the plan who was the Heaven Judge, Eiki Shiki was the following person to convince.

Keine: "Do we have any yen left? I didn't want to charge anything to Youmu since she did seem really happy."

Mokou: "We are a bit poor to be honest at the moment. But that doesn't matter to me as long as I have you, Teacher."

The history beast became blushed remembering last night. Before going to sleep, Mokou made a magical firebrand on her back's skin as a sign of eternal bond and mutual loyalty after laying together.

Keine: "I-I appreciate that since I feel the same. But the point is... to cross Sanzu River we'll need coins. I have heard that the ferrywoman is as much beautiful as lazy and won't work without compensation. Even Eiki-Sama scolds her frequently for dozing-off at Mystia's Restaurant."

The phoenix girl giggles with a mischievous but charming grin.

Mokou: "It reminds me of some teacher in her true form~."

Keine: "Come on, Mokou. Since tonight I see you like if we were in mating season. We should focus! Pay attention to the task."

Mokou: "Fine, I'll take a private lesson as a punishment later. After all who knows what will happen in several days."

Keine: "You have a point there. I guess that we could start asking Komachi-Sama
(1) if she accepts any task as payment."

(1): Komachi is Eiki Shiki's second in command. Is curious how she could select as the Ferrywoman someone who is so carefree. Perhaps because the Judge likes her. It wouldn't be surprising due her quirky personality and incredibly sexy figure. She's wearing some sort of blueish yukata that marks her stunning adult body and has a bit of cleavage. Her hair is red, in a wavy short bob with usually two small half ponytails.

Mokou: "I have a plan, let's ask if we could do the job instead of her."

Keine: "I'm not on the side of such actions but seems like we have no choice."

They were reaching the Heaven Border because some relaxing water stream sounds could be heard and some souls in a form of will-o-wisps could be seen. The sky got a turquoise tone and in front of them was Komachi in a relaxed pose like a queen sitting on a throne, slacking off as usual with her reaper scythe. She was humming a catchy melody until the teacher and the phoenix approach. The reaper waves a hand with a kind smile on her face and then yawns of laziness.

Komachi: "Hmm? Oh, welcome!~ It's very strange to see people like you around here!"

Keine: "She's already in the mood of not working..."

Mokou: "Hello, I wonder if we can pass."

The beauty reaper extends her hand.

Komachi: "Two hundred yen for a cruise to the other side~."

Keine: "We are short at this moment and we were wondering if we could do your job in exchange. As a History Teacher I study much everyday to keep learning and I think I'm capable of doing this for some hours."

Mokou: "You can have some booze and run away from your boss. And we'll make an excuse if she gets us."

The red-haired woman yawns softly carrying her open hand near to the mouth.

Komachi: "No money means no drink, no drink means that I'm better here being lazy~. Plus the boss can get mad at you two. It seems like you never had one of her loooong looooong for hours, even days scolding. She will search even the smallest sin on you two. I've seen patient people ask me for a non painful and quick death after that. Come on girls, sit with me. Let's admire the landscape~. You aren't dead yet anyway. I would hardly believe that a Phoenix could be dead."