xiv. 𝐌𝐘 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋

( velma & max )

( velma & max )

: " i hate doing hair — " hayden leigh muttered as he tried to do his daughter hair.

" i can just do it, you know. " naomi leigh told her husband, while a small baby slept in her arms.

only a week earlier, the day after eleven came back. naomi gave birth to a little baby girl, who the family named kate naomi leigh.

( i bet everyone forgot at naomi was pregnant. )

hayden shook his head, continuing to curl velma's hair. as the girl said ' ow ' a few times.

" no .. it's fine ! "

about 20 minutes later, velma's hair was ( finally ) done. she had her hair curled at the fronts, while the rest was just a natural curl.

she was also wearing a baby blue dress that had lace at the top, with silver shoes. she looked beautiful.

" you look beautiful, honey. " naomi told her, as she helped her daughter with makeup.

" do you think max will think that ? " velma replied, trying not to move her face.

" of course. "

naomi nodded, also as dawson walked in.

he was wearing a ( old ) suit with a blue tie, it was the same suit that his dad wore when their parents when to the snowball together. many years ago.

later on, the siblings stood at the front door. posing for their photos.

" i hate this. " velma muttered through her smile, causing dawson to chuckle at his sister.

" c'mon, after this you can go see max — " dawson teased, making velma blush.

" shut up. " she muttered again, continuing to pose for the camera.

suddenly, a loud car honk was heard. it was steve harrington.

" that's our ride ! " velma yelled out, as she started speed-walking to the car.

" have a good night ! "

:   " alright, kiddos, here we are

: " alright, kiddos, here we are. " steve told the trio, as they pulled up to hawkins middle school.

" remember, velma. " steve called out for the girl, " act like you don't care. "

" you don't care ! "

" caring ? never heard of that. "

" i'm not doing that .. " velma replied, while looking at the boys weirdly. " she's my girlfriend, i just need to go up and ask her to dance. "

" fine than, don't take our amazing advice. " steve scored as trio started to get out of the car.

" bye stevie ! " velma mocked.

" wait — kids ! please be safe ! "

as the trio walked into the gymnasium, they walked up to mr clarke. who was at the tickets table.

" looking very snazzy tonight, you three. " the told the group with a smile.

" thank you, my lord. "
" thanks ! "
" you too ! "

the group payed for their tickets before walking into the gymnasium. the room was covered in blue and white decorations, and kids dancing everywhere.

" holy shit. what happened to you ? " mike asked as they walked up to mike, lucas, will, viv and max.

dustin's smile quickly disappeared as he asked his friends —

" what do you mean, ' what happened ' ? "

" dude, your hair ! "
" is there a bird nesting in there ? "

" leave him alone. " dawson told his friends while glaring, " your hair looks amazing, dustin. "

" thank you, daws. " dustin looked a lil sad but shrugged it off. " i worked hard on this. "

' time after time ' by cyndi lauper started playing as the group looked at eachother, without asking, will and mike just walked away together. before dancing.

" hey dawson, wanna go get punch ? " lucas asked his best friend.

" sure. " and the two boys walked away together.

now, it was just velma, max and dustin. dustin noticed a group of girls standing together, he looked towards his bestfriends and ex-crush.

" alright, ladies, i'm going in. "

" good luck, dusty ! "

dustin walked away, leaving the three girls standing alone, but it didn't take long to eleven to show up and whisk vivian away.

pucking up the courage. max stood up & extended her hand out for velma.

" wanna dance? " she asked, confidently. though still scared.

velma stared at her hand, only being able to mutter.

" infront of everyone ..? "

max looked around. it seemed to be only same gender couples dancing, except for viv and el also will and mike, who didn't appear to mind what other people thought.

she then looked back at velma. she could see the fear in her face.

" c'mon. " max told her, as she grabbed velma's and grabbed them into the hall.

the two females laughed the entire time, possibly due to the sugar rush from the punch, and then they just started dancing. dancing in an unrelated manner to the music

soon enough the song changed. it played ' my girl ' by the temptations.

aka, velma's favourite song.

as the song started. max grabbed velma's hands as she started twirling her around, while the girls continued to enjoy eachothers company.

" can i kiss you ? " max asked, as the two danced close.

velma nodded, before the two girls kissed.

( lexi speaks .
IT TOOK ME WAYY TO LONG TO WRITE SEASON 2 ISTG. never again.

anyways, velmax !

IM SO SCARED FOR S3 CUZ IF U KNOW U KNOW #ispoilmybookalot

anyways ty so much for reading this book ! it means the entire world to me.