xxvi. 𝐕𝐄𝐂𝐍𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄

LOWERCASE INTENDED !

( velma & max )

march 22, 1986

LENORA HILLS, CALIFORNIA.

:  "FUCK." VIVIAN MUTTERED, FUMBLING WITH THE TELEPHONE; TRYING to call velma on a pay phone. she had already spent 25 cents but no answer, vivs breathed heavily as she tried to contact her support.

she felt pathetic. for the past three years she had been fighting fucking inter-dimensional beings but this? this is what caused her to break down? she started flumbling with a sliver ring on her finger, a ring that dawson gave her.

28th january 1982

"viv stop!" a ten year old dawson giggled, a now eleven year old vivian sat infront of him in his bedroom with her hands over her eyes; she was rocking side to side and she giggled uncontrollably.

"noooo!!" viv kept giggling.
"do you want you're present or not?"

viv immediately stopped giggling; she sat up straight and put her hands out in a 'give me' motion.

"gimme." dawson rolled his eyes and put a small box inside the girls hands, viv opened her eyes and looked at it.
"woah! thanks for a box, dawsy."

"don't be stupid, viv." dawson groaned; leaning back onto his bed, viv reached an arm forwards and pulled him back up.

"okay, okay." she smiled before opening the box. inside was a sliver ring with the letters 'V&D' on it. "woah." she stared at the ring in awe.

"i have a matching one." dawson lifted up his hand and showed his best friend, "see?"

"fuck! fuck! fuck! fuck!" vivian slammed the pay phone into the wall multiple times, before dropping to the ground in tears.

for the past year she had basically shut out all her emotions. making herself busy with cheerleading, school and velma. but now that it was all just crashing down on her, every remotely bad thing that had happened to her in the past 4 years had just crashed down on her.

at the same time she felt betrayed. like a fool. she spent weeks last year trying to gain elevens trust back after lying to her, and now el was doing the same?

vivian grunted as she hit her own head, but came to a holt when she heard a loud female scream.

without thinking she quickly stood up and ran over to a crowd of people, she squeezed her away through everyone until she saw mike, wills and el standing infront angela.