xxiii. 𝐒𝐇𝐄'𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃

LOWERCASE INTENDED !

( velma & max )

march 21, 1986

:  " VELMA ! VELMA ! " LUCAS YELLED OUT, CHASING HIS BEST FRIEND down a empty hall.

velma turned around and put her headphones around her neck, " hey, lu. "

" hey ! uh, i .. i just wanted to give you this. " he passed her three tickets to the basketball game. one for herself, another for sage and the last one for .. she didn't even know who.

" what is this ? " she asked.
" a ticket to the game — "
" oh .. "

" listen, i know you don't really like any of this stuff but .. i think it might be good for you to get out more ! " lucas smiled, while velma frowned.

" sorry, lu. but i have something planned tonight — " velma gave him the tickets back, making lucas frown.

" yeah, probably drinking .. " he muttered.

" what did you just say ? "
" uh .. "
" ' uh .. ' what did you just say ! " velma yelled out, offended, even though it was probably true.

" you're probably gonna be drinking ! it's .. it's all you do, you never hang out with us anymore .. it's like we don't even exist to you anymore. " he replied, while velma just looked hurt.

" my brother died ? you really think i want to go out and play dnd — "
" it's not just dnd ! it's everything ! it's like you don't even exist anymore. "

" i don't know what you want me to say .. i'm not gonna be like you, just forgetting about him and going on with my life ! " she started fiddling with the walkman cord.

" you can't spent the rest of your life just .. locked away ! you can talk to us — any of us ! me, mike, dustin, vivian, max, even sage ! we're all here for you, we all lost him aswell. "

" please just .. c — come to the game. i really care about this. " his voice was now hushed, as he put the ticket in velma's hand.

" i'll think about it. "