xvi. 𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋 𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐒

( velma & max )

( velma & max )

june 2, 1985

:   " when will you be home ? " naomi leigh asked her daughter, velma fixing her scoops ahoy uniform while making toast.

" uh — i don't know, i might sleep over at maxs. " she replied, just as the door bell rung. " i'll get that. " velma walked towards the door, opened it to see a nervous looking eleven hopper.

" el ? what are you doing here ? — "
" can we .. talk ? with m — max aswell. "

velma just looked at her confused, before nodding. " mom ! i'm leaving, love you ! "

" love you too, be safe ! " naomi yelled back, velma grabbed her jacket off the coat rack before stepping outside and closing the door.

" so .. what's up ? " el still looked nervous, she looked down.

" it's viv .. she's been weird. " she whispered.

velma's face softened as she looked at the fragile girl, though she didn't understand what was going on with her best friend. she had to help el out.

velma put her arm over els shoulders, el looked up in surprise, only to be met with velma smiling at her.

" let's go over to maxs, there we can talk more. okay ? " el nodded.

:   as the duo walked up to the mayfield — hargrove residence, they saw max riding her skateboard

" shit ! " the ginger exclaimed as she failed a trick, the skateboard started to roll towards the two brunette. stopping when el picked it up.