Chapter eleven

"Aurora?" Clarisse said gently, moving to sit on the edge of her granddaughters bed to wake her, "Good morning, my love"

"Good morning" I say smiling, squinting due to the brightness.

"So I've been thinking. Things have been so pressured lately. I was wondering whether we should spend the day together?"

"Yeah, that sounds great" I reply, my smile now brighter. Just then, Charlotte comes rushing into the room, "What's going on?"

"Princess, I think you should see this" she says, switching on the TV.

"And here's a royal exclusive. After generations of boring royals who never misbehaved, Genovia finally has a royal scandal. Proving that we should have brought in an American long ago. Will Andrew Jacoby, Duke of Kenilworth, still marry such a naught princess? Or has he been replaced by the Princesses security? It's clear they're getting very comfy together, and look at the way he looks at her. It's out of the frying pan  and into the fire for Princess Aurora. Keep your eggs sunny-side up" Elsie Penworthy's voice rang through the room while a photo of Anthony and I hugging, him kissing the top of my head,  showed on the screen, then a photo of my cheek against his . What?!

"That's a joke right? Oh my gosh, we're hugging, why are they making it something it's not? You're not mad at me are you?" I say shocked. I can't believe this is happening. 

"I'm not mad, darling. The real question is, is Andrew?" Grandma tells me, clearly shocked by the situation but still being logical. 

***

"Listen Andrew, I'm sorry but I promise it was nothing like that" I try to explain.

"Then what was it like, Aurora? If it wasn't 'like that' what was it?" he asks.

"We where talking, Andrew. I was walking my dog and he accompanied me. Anthony and I are friends"

"Ok. Alright. Aurora, I still think this marriage is a good idea" he tells me. Liar.

"Andrew. I really wish that was true. I tried to fall for you, I really did, but there's just no spark. And I know you know that. You deserve to be with someone you love and for them to love you the same way" 

"Yeah. You deserve to be truly happy. I mean, it was pleasurable"

"Very" I agree.

"Very pleasant, but, no fireworks" 

"None" I feel my eyes begin to fill with tears as the stress gets to me, "What are we going to do?"

"Aurora. You chose me, and I accepted. And a gentlemen never backs out of his word. We are going to stand up in church and say 'I do,' and tomorrow we'll be man and wife. And you are going to make an amazing queen of Genovia"

"Andrew? I may have a plan. But there is a very high chance it will not work"

***

"I might be married today"

"Your Highness, a strange women came in and said that she wanted to hide in your closet. So I let her" Anna tells me.

"Oh, well, dear, that probably wasn't the wisest decision in the-" 

Walking from my bed to the closet door and opening it makes my jaw drop. "Now, this is what I call a closet"

"Mom" I say smiling uncontrollably and running to hug her.

"Oh, my darling" she says leaning into the hug before remembering about the baby between us, "Careful. We're squashing Trevor"

"Oh hi, Trevor. You are just the cutest" I say looking into his brown eyes and taking him as my mother passes him over gently.