Chapter twelve

"The ceremonial shooting of the flaming arrow through the coronation ring" a man announces.

Anna comes forward and lights my drawn arrow. I take a deep breathe before releasing the arrow, letting it shoot through the ring, setting it alight. 

***

"Good morning. It's been almost a week since the almost wedding, and busy workers are setting up for Genovia's grand day. The coronation of a new queen. Somewhere in the palace, Princess Aurora is getting ready for the ceremony that will change her life forever" Elsie says to the camera.

***

"So what do you say, Luna? Think I'll be a good queen?" I say to my dog who is sat on the floor in front of me in the throne room.

"Indeed you will. If I may be so bold, I would like an audience with Your Highness" Anthony comes into the room, standing far in front of me.

"What is your dilemma, handsome?"

"I'm in love with the queen-to-be. And I'm inquiring if she loves me too" 

Hearing him admit that makes me smile like the Cheshire cat, "Well, maybe a little bit. Ok, a lot a bit"

I stand from my throne and run toward him, jumping into his arms, his hand go under my thighs to keep my legs around his waist and my face is buried in his neck. I move my hand to lace my fingers through his hair before moving my head to study his face, starting at his eyes and moving down until they reach his lips. Moving forward, I smash my lips onto his and he is quick to respond, kissing me back passionately.

Moving my face back, I stop kissing him and whisper, "I love you" and then pecking his lips.

"I love you" he responds before repeating my actions.

***

"Sparrow is taking off"

"The eagle is flying for the last time" Charlotte says proudly, on the verge of tears.

Grandma walks out from the left side onto the stairs, while I walk out onto the right, the two of us facing each other. She's wearing the crown and is wearing a golden dress and I am wearing a white and gold dress with a long train. After facing each other for a couple seconds we both turn to face everyone else. Walking down the stairs I see Anthony looking at me and I smile at him. When grandma and I reach the bottom of the stairs, I take the Archbishops hand and he leads me up the three small stairs to the throne. I hold my dress and turn, once again, to face everyone before sitting down.

"She looks beautiful" Anthony says, stood next to Charlotte.

"They both do" she replies, now fully crying.

The Archbishop takes the crown off grandma's head and walks to put it on me.

"Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the people of Genovia, according to the statutes in parliament agreed on, and the respective laws and custom of the same? Will you, in your power, cause law and justice and mercy to be executed in all judgments?"

"I solemnly promise so to do" I say.

The choir and Prime Minister then begin to sing. I stand and turn to my right and smile and Mia and Lily, I then turn to my left and wink at Anthony. The men then take out their swords and make a tunnel that I begin to walk through. Once I've started to walk, everyone begins to sing.

"Presenting Her Majesty Aurora Alexandria Thermopolis Renaldi, Queen of Genoiva"

***

Authors note: Well, the last one was very short in comparison to the rest. My baby's a queen. And her and Anthony have FINALLY said the L word. There will be an epilogue btw x