Part 3

When you awoke it was at dawn because your nose was itching, and when you sat up a note fell off of your face.
Dear y/n
Since you're a detective, try to solve this case. Your reward will be love and affection beyond all imagination.

With love,
Your future lover

A case, huh? If it's a solution they want, it's a solution they'll get; and Y/N was determined to see this case through. You got dressed in your usual work attire, and cooked yourself a lovely stack of pancakes for breakfast. You still had some time to kill, so you picked up the Mondstadt edition of the Teyvat Travel Guide. You read up until you had 10 minutes before you had to leave, and grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl on your counter. You reread the letter over and over, trying desperately to recognize the handwriting. You realized that if they knew you were a detective, they probably altered their handwriting to be unrecognizable. It was time to leave, so you folded the letter into your pocket and began the walk to work.

Upon arrival, you were greeted the same as usual, and as per the usual Heizou was waiting by your desk to give you your job for the day.
"A lovely morning, don't you think Y/N?"
"Indeed, although I woke up to quite a surprise."
"Whatever do you mean, 'a surprise'?"
You showed him the note and explained your thoughts behind the handwriting.
"A surprise indeed....."
"So what should we do?"
At that, he began to laugh.
"We? No no no, this was a challenge for you, thusly you should solve it."
You had figured he might say something like that, so you sat down and began your report on yesterday's job while he filled you in on the one for today.
"We've been called all the way to Liyue Harbor to investigate a place called the Chasm and its recent closure. Whaddya think? Sound entertaining enough?"
"Y'know, that actually does sound like a lot of fun. I'm in."
"I knew you'd say that! Pack your things, we leave tomorrow morning."
"Bet"