Part 10

You had both decided to stroll around Liyue for a few hours whilst the Yuheng gathered some paperwork that would help with your case. Suddenly a smell that was simply divine drifted your way. It seemed to be emanating from Wanmin restaurant. Their star chef, Xiangling, was on the clock today so some specialty dishes were being served that one wouldn't normally have the opportunity to try. According to the rumored anecdotes of the famed Traveler from another world,  Xiangling was usually out in the wild researching more ingredients and methods of cooking them.
You and Heizou looked at each other, gave a nod of agreement, and walked over to the restaurant. Everything on the menu sounded delicious, and you almost couldn't choose, but then decided on Matsutake Meat Rolls. Heizou chose something with a bit more spice, and you both sat down once you got your food.

These were the most delicious meals you'd ever had your lives. Heavenly flavors graced your tastebuds, and you savored every bite. When you were done, you both decided to one day come back here on a leisure trip.
"Where to next? We still have some time to kill before the Yuheng requested we return to the Jade Chamber." You asked.
"Hmm, I heard there's a couple of places around here with people that tell stories while people drink their tea. Let's look around and see if we can find one of these places." He explained with a hint of excitement in his eyes.
You nodded in response and the two of you took off. Eventually you came across Tea Master Liu Siu telling one of the many tales of Rex Lapis, the Geo Archon.
The two of you sat together in silence, listening to the grand tale. Much to your disappointment, he ended the story on a cliffhanger. You'd seen a place that seemed to be a bookstore a little further towards Yujing Terrace, and being an avid reader (a/n: I assume you are since you're sitting here reading fanfiction)  you dragged Heizou towards the place.
Amongst the shelves, you found a series that caught your eye. It was called Legend of the Shattered Halberd. It seemed fascinating enough that you turned over to the cashier lady and asked her about the price of the whole series.
"8000 Mora."
Your eyes practically busted out of their sockets. You didn't think you'd be able to afford it but this was well within your range. You pulled out a bag of Mora and placed it gently on the counter, and you and Heizou went along on your merry way back to the Jade Chamber.  You couldn't help but notice a small group of rough looking men hanging out between two of the buildings. They seemed to be looking at you, so you ignored them and started walking faster. Heizou had noticed a few moments before you did and put his arm around your shoulder while glaring at them with a look sharp enough to kill a man. It didn't stop them however, and they began to follow you all the way back up to the Jade Chamber. Once they saw how important of guests you were though, they backed off. You knew Heizou wouldn't let them get away that easily however. He could be terrifying if you weren't on the side of justice. He typically disliked violence but was willing to resort to it in the case of your safety. You both entered the Jade Chamber, and upon your approach to Ningguang's office, Lady Keqing (the Yuheng) took 3 folders from a stack on the desk and handed them to you.
While you gave them a quick look over, Keqing explained that these were all of the case details. Not too much work was required of us except that we look through and attempt to find a logical explanation. Whatever conclusion that you and Heizou drew from this would be what was announced to the public about the incident.
Interesting explanation, but you were getting paid so you didn't care. You went back to your assigned room to look over the details whilst Heizou went back out for a few hours. He said he was going to pick up a couple souvenirs to remember the trip by. You cautioned him to be careful as it was pretty late by now, but he insisted he'd be fine. You knew you could trust his abilities so you left it at that. You used this opportunity to change into your nightgown and sat down with the first of the files. You came up with a few ideas and wrote them down to discuss with Heizou in the morning. You were tired so you put the files on the little desk in the corner of the room and then climbed into bed. Heizou came back a little while later. You weren't quite asleep yet so you saw him enter and then go behind one of those changing dividers to change into his night clothes. He then climbed into bed and wrapped his arms around your waist.
"I know your awake still"
You didn't respond and continued trying to sleep, which you found much easier with his presence.