Chapter 13 - Finale

A/N: Thank you all so much for the support and absolutely hilarious comments on this story, but at the same time I can't commit to things so here is your finale. Don't worry, I'm putting actual effort into this. Enjoy, and check out some of my other work when you're done reading this :)

For the rest of the trip Heizou hardly let you out of his sight. Normally this would've frightened you, but the recollection of the previous night's events made it seem more like a safety thing (which it was). Heizou kept glancing at you, and you noticed it in your peripheral vision but made no effort to acknowledge it. Squeezing your hand tightly, he led you off of the ship and the two of you made your way back to your house. Back on the ship, you two had made the arrangement that Heizou would accompany you back to your home to keep you safe. You hadn't made any attempt to protest, as you'd seen that this man was fully capable and willing to murder.

     Arriving at your house, you opened the door and dragged your suitcase towards your room. You began to empty your suitcase, which was far more full than when you had first embarked because you purchased so many souvenirs. Heizou sat on the chair by your writing desk and perused some of your papers. When you were finished unpacking, you left the room with Heizou close behind and walked towards the kitchen.

You were too tired to cook, Heizou noticed that your hands were shaking and your movements were slow and labored, so he offered to cook for you. Allowing him control of the kitchen you sat down for a bit and began to really actually process the events of the past few days. It had all been so much. You'd seen the most notorious detective in Inazuma kill a man, and had entered into a relationship with him regardless. Thinking you must've really gone insane, you crossed your arms in front of you on the table and collapsed your head onto them.
"Nuh uh uh, you can't fall asleep yetttt" Heizou half-teased as he walked in from the kitchen holding two plates of golden shrimp balls (I'm so funny for including the balls meal a second time lmao)
You were tired but you were also very hungry, so you thanked him and began to gobble the food like a damn vacuum. Heizou ate his food at a regular pace and wasn't quite done when you were, but nonetheless cleaned up your plate and then helped you into your bed. Being the gentleman that he was (albeit literally insane), he finished eating his food, cleaned up the dishes, and slept on the couch. When you awoke the next morning, he had left you a note, telling you to take off of work today and that he went in and was having someone else handle your paperwork. You let out a sigh of relief and went to the kitchen without bothering to get dressed. You relaxed at home for the rest of the day and Heizou stopped by after work.
"Hey Y/N, I know this is very last minute, but get dressed up real nice, I'm gonna take you somewhere special."
"Oh! Uh, okay come inside and sit in the living room and give me 10 minutes"
He followed directions and ten minutes later you came out wearing the most stunning dress.

His eyes scanned your outfit in admiration,

"Wow. Just, wow. You look beautiful."
You felt your face get very warm and nervously muttered a thank you. He chuckled at you getting flustered so easily.
The two of you went out the door and he took you on a rather lengthy boat ride to Watatsumi island. He was silent the whole time, but it was a comfortable silence to sit in. The glow of the sunset was very peaceful. The boat landed on the shore, and he helped you out of the boat.
Heizou led you by the hand towards the statue of the seven on the cliff above the Sangonomiya shrine.
"Y/N, I know this thing between the two of us has only gone on a short time, but I need to tell you this. I've loved you ever since I first saw you. From the first time we both went to work on a case together, I knew you were somebody I'd want in my life until the very end. Y/N, if you'll do me the honor"
He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring and said (haha taylor swift reference)
"Of making me the happiest man in the world, will you marry me?"

Shocked, your mind raced. You did love Heizou, and every "insane" action he'd taken had been solely to protect you.
The man on his knee before you could always be trusted to keep you safe from harm.
"Yes!" You exclaimed as you began to cry.
He jumped up and put the ring on your finger, then pulled you into a tight hug.
"I love you so much, Y/N."
"I love you too, Heizou."

The end please vote on this chapter and look at my other work I love you all mwah