Part 11 im back cuties

The next day you woke up to a message from Lady Ningguang, delivered via Lady Keqing. It declared that your presence in Liyue Harbor was no longer required, as the almighty Traveler and her companion Paimon had discovered what was wrong the area and solved the issue overnight. Peculiar, but as long as it was done then you supposed everything was alright. The Tianqian was paying for you two to stay one more day and your trip home after that. Any leisures you pursued in the city, however, would come out of your own pocket. Fair enough, and so you two set out to a small tavern called Second-Round Knockout. It was a quaint little place, with a menu equal in size to 1/6 of the tavern known as Angel's Share back in Mondstadt, but the few drinks on the menu were quite good. They were even offering 500 Mora a person for people to taste test their attempt at dandelion wine. You and Heizou took up this offer, with you having some kind of taste to reference seeing as you lived in Mondstadt, and Heizou going off of intuition and hearsay. The taste was somewhat close, but improvement could most definitely be made, specifically with how sweet it was. Heizou said something along similar lines, and you both got paid and left.

The rest of your day was spent going to Wanmin Restaurant, Wanwen Bookhouse, Second Life, Xinyue Kiosk, and finally going back to the Jade Chamber to retrieve your luggage. You thanked Lady Ningguang for the stay, and went along on your way back to Beidou's ship.
One of the dockhands tried to flirt with you whilst Heizou went to put your luggage on board. He came back and noticed the man's body language, and told you to go wait for him on the ship. You had your suspicions about what he was doing so you watched over the side of the deck. You watched as Heizou held the man's head under water and once his heart stopped he threw him in the water.

You couldn't believe what you'd just seen. Heizou the detective, a man who hated resorting to violence, had just killed somebody. How could you ever look at him the same way again? You ran to the middle of the ship and this sudden movement left your breathing a bit heavy, which he noticed as he approached you.
"Is everything alright Y/N?"
You barely managed to stammer out your response.
"O-oh yes. I'm alright. Let's go greet Beidou, shall we?"
He still looked suspicious but grabbed your hand regardless and went with you. His grip on your hand was so tight you thought for a moment he might break it.
"Heya Captain!" He greeted Beidou with his usual friendly swagger.
"Well hiya to the two of you! You're back here quite a bit sooner than expected. Ning Ning lay you off?" She teased. (A/N: yes I'm pushing my beigguang agenda here leave me alone)
"Oh, you know the Traveler, right? Well, it just so happens she solved the case overnight, so our services were no longer required." He said with a false humility.
"Ah of course, I swear one of these days that girl will drive Teyvat out of jobs!" She laughed and shoved you two towards the cabins.
"Well you two know where you'll be staying on the way back, don't make any noise in there kids!" She gave you two a wink and went off to actually captain her ship.
Your face went bright red while he laughed off her comment and dragged you along towards the cabin area. For just a brief moment, seeing his smile as you two walked hand in hand almost made you forget the act you'd just witnessed him commit. Then it all flashed in your mind once again, and all the color left your face. He seemed to notice and feign brushing it off, but you knew he would say something once the two of you were alone. For now, you would just have to smile and play along, because nobody would ever believe you.