Part 6

Kazuha glanced at him quizzically
"We were merely discussing the abolishment of the Vision Hunt Decree, and the loss of a very dear friend of mine."
"Ah, I see. I'm very sorry for your loss."
"It's quite alright. He went to duel the Shogun because he wished to witness the Musou no Hitotachi for himself. He knew nobody had ever lived to tell the tale. In a way, I guess you could say it was suicide."

The three of you fell silent, but whether it was out of respect or astonishment, you did not know.

"Well, it was lovely chatting with you, Kazuha." Heizou rushed you into another room before Kazuha could respond, and you found yourself against a wall yet again.
"Listen here, you belong to me. I never want to see you speak to that Kazuha ever again. Are we clear?" An angry and twisted smirk donned his face.
All you could do was nod fearfully. He brought his face closer and closer to yours. You felt his lips press into yours, but this time you did not kiss him back, which he noticed.
"Kiss me back" he demanded in a low whisper. He kissed you again and you finally returned it.
He released you from the wall and it suddenly became very clear to you who it was that sent that letter challenging you to a case. You gasped
"You're the one who left the letter!"
He smiled and laughed "Guilty as charged"