Chapter One: The Night We Met

Happy memorial day! Hope you all have a great day remembering the men and women who fought and died for our country (America) now let's get on with the first chapter of a book about everyone favorite terrorist.

We're going to pretend smartphones are a thing in this story. Okay? Okay. 

*******************************

You were on a business trip in Germany, 9,000 miles from your home in LA. The business you worked for had an adjoining company in Germany that was helping you and the other higher ups learn to better communicate with people of other languages after having several complaints recently. This trip was a month long which in your opinion was excessive but you were getting paid for it and you got to stay in a 5 star hotel for free and explore Germany. The only issue is you don't speak German which was the purpose of going. 

So now you were sitting at a bar looking down at the German to English translation pocket book you bought at the airport before boarding your flight. You wanted to order and drink in an actual bar instead of ordering room service. You were so worried you'd mess up your order and make yourself look like a fool, so you had been sitting there for 20 minutes too afraid to signal the bartender when a man sat next to you. You didn't pay much mind when he sat, you just saw him out of the corner of your eye. 

"You're not from around here are you darling?" The stranger asked, turning in his seat to face you. You looked around to make sure he was talking to you.

"No.. what gave me away?" You replied, shyly. 

"I saw you from the other side of the bar. Every time I glance this way you look like you want to singal the bartender but are afraid to. However the German to English translator was the big giveaway. I thought I'd come over and say hello and ask if you wanted some assistance." He offered.

"That's very nice, thank you. Honestly this is my 3rd day here. I'm staying in the hotel across the street and I have been too nervous to go anywhere else because I don't speak the language. I decided I couldn't stay in my room anymore. I'll be here for a month so I might as well get used to it." You explained. 

"It's nice you're not one of those people who expect other people to cater to you. I have heard a lot of Americans tend to do that. I would love to buy you a drink if you'll allow me." 

"That would be very kind. Thank you…. I'm Y/N Mclane." You held your hand out.

"It's nice to meet you Y/N. I'm Hans Gruber." He took your hand and brought it to his lips, kissing your knuckles. “What can I get you to drink?” 

“A glass of white moscato, please.”  

He raised his hand signaling the bartender.  “Ich werde einen Martini und ein Glas weißer Moscato.”  (I'll have a martini and a glass of white moscato) He spoke in German to the bartender.  The man nodded and went to get your drinks.  

“Thank you for that.”  

“You’re welcome.  So where are you from? What are you doing in Germany?”  He had a thick accent and he was extremely attractive the more you looked at him. His facial hair was groomed and fit his face gorgeously. His hair was neatly combed, the side part was perfect with little streaks of gray in it that made him all the more sexy. Not to mention he had a deep voice that made you want to throw your panites at him.  

“My company has had a lot of complaints recently because we cannot accommodate people who don’t speak english. So we have to be here for a month to learn how to communicate better. I think it’s stupid. I understand that people come to America from other countries and I am all for that, but you can’t get mad at me because I don’t speak every language out there.” You huffed.