Chapter 8: Plans

"Is this some sick joke so I won't kill you because I already promised your sister I wouldn't." Hans spat.

"It's not a joke. You have a 2 month old daughter named Ellie." John rolled his eyes. Hans was put in a tough spot. Now not only was John the brother of the woman he loved but he was also the uncle of his child.

"We need to get you back to the office where I can keep an eye on you and keep Karl from killing you. Maybe we can come up with a way to get everyone out safely." Hans huffed.

"Yeah because I trust you not to kill me the second we get there." John scoffed.

"He won't hurt you John, he promised me." You insisted. With a very skeptical look John finally conceded and followed you and Hans back to the office. Once they got inside Hans closed all the blinds and turned towards both you and your brother.

"Now the detonators if you please." Hans said, holding out his hand expectantly.

"And what do you need these for?"

"To fake my death and leave the country with your sister and the baby I now know I have and live the life I've wanted." He huffed. "I told you this already."

"And keep my sister from me for the rest of my life. I don't think so."

"Yes and you want to put me in jail away from her and my child for the rest of my life so it seems one of us isn't going to get what we want. The difference is I put a lot of thought and work into this and I will not be stopped by some distant brother!" Hans yelled.

"Y/N, don't you have anything to say?" John fumed.

"John, if he's in prison he'll never get to know Eli. At least if I leave with him I can still see you. You can come down sometime to see me and Eli. But you've seen how miserable I've been without him, I can't do that again." You explained.

"If we can find a way to get everyone else out of here safely and the rest of your men to the police then I will let you leave. No objections, no questions." John told them after he thought for a moment.

"Forever the hero, aren't you Mr McClane?" Hans chuckled. "You have a deal. Let's figure out a way to make that happen."

"Aren't they your friends?" You asked, shocked at how easily he was willing to give them up.

"Colleagues but even if they were friends you are still more important than any of them and all of them combined." He assured you. "All I want is for us to be able to spend time as a family. You, me, our daughter and maybe another kid or two. I don't care about them, I care about you."

"That's all I want too." You confirmed.

"So what are we going to do about getting everyone out?" John asked, rolling his eyes at the both of you.

"My thought is, you go hide in the building just like you have been but you stay hidden this time. When you hear Theo come over the radio and tell us the the final lock has been opened, come back here, get the hostages and take them down to the parking garage. There's a van there, get them into the van and get them out. I will convince the others that you took the hostages to the roof and have them "follow you up to try and stop you. When they're all there I will blow the roof." He explained.

"Hans you can't."

"It's the only way. If they all burn in the same place they will think I burned with them. It's our best option if we want to get the hostages out alive. Which lives are more important to you darling?" You hated the thought of anyone dying but he was right. If anyone had to die it would be better that it be the criminals.

"I suppose you're right, but how are we going to get out?" You asked Hans.

"There's another car in the parking deck, me, you and John can get out with that one."

"That's all well and good but where am I supposed to hide for God knows how long?" John complained.

"It won't be hours, one or two at most but Theo should be almost finished by now. As for hiding you've been doing a pretty good job so far so just keep doing what you have been. I will try to keep Karl around here as much as I can so he won't have time to hunt you down like a dog." Hans huffed in annoyance.

"Karl, where are you?" Hans asked through the walkie.

"On the 28th floor. Why?"

"Just getting everyone's location, Theo should have the last lock cracked soon." Hans explained. "Continue to scout the 28th through 25th floor." He instructed.

"Yeah." Karl replied plainly.

"I just bought you some time. Stay away from the 25th through 28th floor." Hans told John.

"I'll do my best. Take care of my sister, if anything happens to her." John warns.

"I would never let anything happen to her. Now get out before anyone sees you." He pointed to the door. "You need to lay down darling, a concussion is nothing to play around with." He led you to the couch again. John watched for a moment, seeing how gentle Hans was with you got him thinking but before he could really get into thought he realized he had to leave. Sneaking out he went to find a place to wait things out as Hans dimed the lights so you could rest.

"I have a feeling everything's going to work out perfectly." You broke the silence with optimism.

"So, what's our daughter like?" Hans asked, rubbing your calf.

"She's very happy, giggly. She has your eyes, those gorgeous hazel eyes. She has my nose and a mix of both our hair. She's only 2 months old but I feel like she's going to be brilliant like her daddy." You grabbed his hand.

"Why did you never tell me about her? We talk at least once a week, how could you never mention her or being pregnant. I could have been on the first plane here to help. I would have helped you through the morning sickness, the cravings, everything. I can't believe you hid this from me." He was more sad than upset. "Y/N, I missed the birth of my first child, I can't get that back."

"I know and I'm sorry. I thought if I told you I would lose you all together. I couldn't risk it, I love you. I knew I loved you when I boarded that plane. I didn't know I was pregnant when I boarded that plane. Then all the stress of having to tell you I just couldn't bring myself to do it especially if you didn't want her I don't know what I would have done. I'm sorry I know I had no right to keep this from you. I'm so sorry." You kissed his palm. "I promise I won't hide anything from you ever again. I promise you can be involved in the next one. I'd love to have another one in a year or so?"

"So would I. But first I need to meet the one we already have and become her real father, not just her biological father."

"I promise she will love you."

"I hope so."