Chapter 6: Your Brother

"He's your brother!" Hans screamed after you told him.

"It's not my fault. I didn't know he was the one doing this." You said after uncovering your ears.

"Do you have any idea the position this puts me in?" He fumed.

"It's not my fault." You cried. "Please Hans he's my brother you can't let them kill him, Please." You begged.

"You think I want that? I think I wanted anyone to die? I didn't! I wanted everything to go smoothly. I wanted to get the money, get you and go home but no it can never just be easy!"

"I know, I believe that you didn't want anyone to get hurt but people did. John is my brother Hans, you can't let them kill him. Karl wants to kill him please you can't let that happen. He's one of the only people I have left. He's been there for me through everything the last year. I can't lose him." You pleaded with him as you held his shirt in your arms.

"I'll talk to Karl when he gets back." For now you need to sit down and relax and I need to figure out a way to get those detonators back." He sighed, trying to think of ways he could stop Karl from killing your brother.

"You have a visitor." One of the men said, opening the office door. Hans nodded at them indicating to bring in whoever it was. Opening the door wider Ellis came strutting in and sat in the chair across from Hans.

"And what is it you want?" Hans asked the man.

"I'm here to help. I'm your knight in shining armor my friend. John has something you want and I can get it from him. How about a coke?" You of course scoffed at his arrogance. He heard the noise and turned to face you. If he thought he could get through to John he was mistaken. This was a stupid move on Ellis' part, he had never met your brother. Why he was risking his life for this you had no idea. Then you saw the remaining crack on his nose and understood. He was high out of his mind.

"I was wondering why they brought you in here. I had no idea you could be such a bad girl Y/N." Ellis winked at you. Hans did not like that.

"She had nothing to do with this, she is just a bonus. You would be wise not to address her in such a way again or else I will personally remove your tongue." Hans slammed his hand on the desk pulling Ellis' attention away from you and back to him. A can of coke was brought to him and poured into a glass.

"Now I suggest you tell me how you can help me with the cowboy before I make good on my promise."

"John and I were old friends in college. I can reason with him, get him to bring whatever it is he stole from you and stop trying to be a hero." Ellis explained. "Just give me a walkie."

"You realize that if you fail it will be your brains splattered on the window." Hans held the walkie just out of his reach.

"I know." He took the walkie talkie from Hans. "Hey Johnny boy are you there?"

"Who is this?" John answered.

"It's your best bud, Harry." Ellis faked a hurt tone.

"Ellis what are you doing?"

"I'm trying to save your skin John. These guys mean business. They want whatever you stole from them back and they're not going to stop until they get it. It's time to stop this John, quit trying to be the hero, give them back their detonators or whatever it is they want. This is nonsense, you're going to get yourself killed."

"Ellis, what have you told them?"

"That I'm your old friend from high school and I brought you here to the party as my guest. You're not at work John, there's no need to be the hero here. You're off the clock."

"Ellis, you shouldn't be doing this."

"You're telling me, I've got a man pointing a gun at me. So what's it gonna be Johnny boy? Because I don't have much longer."

"I can't Ellis."

"Yes you can." Hans cocked the gun. "Did you hear that John? They're going to kill me just give them the fucking detenators!" He yelled. "John, JOHN!" Hans pulled the trigger.

"Ellis, ELLIS. HE DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING YOU SON OF A BITCH I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HIM!" John screamed.

"Hear that?" He asked holding the walkie up to the group of screaming people. "Talk to me where are my detonators? Where are they or should I shoot another one. Eventually I'll get to someone you actually care about." Hans spat.

"Come get me you bastard."

"Well that didn't go as planned." Harry said. Hans' bullet missed him by a few inches, he only pulled the trigger so John could hear it over the walkie. Ellis walked over to you and boxed you in, putting his hands on either side of you on the couch.

"Stop Ellis."

"Why? You are my date after all. Why don't we go to another room and have some fun?" How high did he have to be?

"Back off!" Hans snapped.

"She was my date for the night. I think I have the right to continue my date with her."

"Not another word." Ellis turned back to you and tried to touch you but Hans pulled him away, and flung him across the room. "You will do well to remember who is in charge. You played your part, and you didn't play it well so I suggest you stop. One more word and the next bullet will be between your eyes." Ellis was still staring at you in a way Hans did not like so when you were distracted he nodded at Alexander who grabbed Ellis by the arm and took him somewhere. Hans knew where he was taking him, he was taking him to one of the other floors to kill him but he didn't want you to witness it.

"What do we do now?" You asked. You were really starting to fear for your brother's safety.

"I'm going to go looking for your brother. I will not kill him, but I can't make any promises that he won't get hurt. When I get the detonators I will bring him back here so I can keep an eye on him and hopefully keep Karl from killing him on the spot."

"I wanna help. I want this to be over."

"You're still hurt."

"Please Hans... Please, I wanna go home. I want this to be over. I have things I have to get at home. I have someone there I need to see. Please, I want to finish this." You begged. He thought for a moment.

"Okay, okay darling. But you are to listen to me. I don't want you to get hurt. You stay behind me and you care not to do anything I don't tell you too. There are too many people running around with guns. I need you to promise you'll do as I say." He sighs in defeat, knowing you wanted this to be over. He did too.

"I promise Hans."