Chapter 7: E-Excuse Me?

Unedited

**************

He took your hand and led you up the stairs. You saw the people in the hall staring at you, some had angry looks on their faces, Holly had a hopeful one. Silently praying that you had something up your sleeve to help them. You were a good person; she knew you didn't have anything to do with this.

Hans took you up a few floors, you had no idea what you were helping him with, in all honesty you just didn't want to be left alone in the office where those other men would be coming in and out of. You followed him into a half finished hallway. You weren't sure what he was doing, he was messing with some wires or something, you couldn't really see since you were standing behind him.

"Come on darling." He jumped down and offered his hand to help you down. You stumbled and both fell when you looked up your brother was standing there pointing a gun at you.

"Hello there." John smiled.

"John." You exhaled.

"How did you get out?" He raised his eyebrow at you, something not adding up.

"We were hiding in one of the offices and snuck out the back hallway." You explained.

"What's your name sir?" John asked Hans.

"Clay... Bill Clay." He lied.

"Well, here Bill. Shoot if you need to. Y/N, stay in between us there are terrorist all over this place." John instructed, making sure you were close to him.

"What are you doing with him, who is he?" John interrogated you.

"He's a friend."

"You looked pretty cozy with him if you ask me." Cue the overprotective brother.

"Even if I did like him in a romantic way, what does it matter?" You huffed.

"You have a lot of skeletons in the closet. A German ex-boyfriend, and not to mention Ellie."

"Shut up!" You growled.

"If you haven't told your ex about her, how are you going to tell him?" You whispered.

"It doesn't matter. Me and Bill aren't together. Yes I fancy him but for now that's all it is so let it go. I will tell him about Ellie when I think the time is right and that time is not now." You insisted.

"Fine." You both stopped when you heard a gun cock and someone speaking German into a walkie.

"Hans." John almost gasped when he realized who it really was. "Why, why were you helping him? What were you thinking! He's a terrorist!"

"Who said we were terrorists?" Hans chuckled.

"So you go around holding people hostage for fun, is that it?" John scoffed, pointing his gun at him.

"John, I didn't know you were the one doing all this. What you did to Karl's brother was wrong, it was cruel and scary."

"On a first name basis with these people are you? What are you one of them?"

"No! It's just hard to explain. Hans and I. We, ugh." You sighed.

"Your sister and I dated almost a year ago when she visited my home country." Hans smirked.

"You're the man she was seeing. The one she's always talking to, the one who broke her heart." John yelled. "What are you thinking, do you have and idea how much trouble this is going to get you in? Please tell me you had nothing to do with this." He looked to you.

"I didn't know he was going to be here. I didn't even tell him I was going out tonight. I was telling the truth I was hiding in an office when one of the guys found me and brought me out with the others. He hit me with his gun." You showed the cut on your face. "When I saw it was Hans I just couldn't leave him. It's not like there was anything I could do to stop him."

"You could have talked him out of stopping this. If he loved you the way he claims he'd stop." John argued.

"I am doing this for her. Don't ever doubt my feelings for her." Hans spat.

"For her, she would never want this."

"I know. But I don't have a choice." Hans replied.

"Hans got in some trouble. He needs money and for people to think he's dead. The only way he could accomplish both was by doing this. Please John, I know him, you have to believe me. He's not normally like this, he's kind and gentle." You begged for your brother to understand.

"No one else has to get hurt." Hans added.

"You killed Ellis."

"He didn't, the gun shot was fake." You told him.

"Takagi?"

"That was Karl. No blood will be spilled on my hands. I came here for a specific purpose. To bring your sister with me where she belongs. She will be safe with me, I will give her all the love in the world."

"Johnny please no one else has to get hurt just let us go. Let us finish this, I...I want to be with him."

"And Ellie? What about her? Are you going to leave her behind because you're too scared to tell him? Would he want you if he knew?"

"John, that's enough." You exclaimed.

"Who is Ellie, why is this such a big deal?" Hans asked.

"It's not a conversation for here or now-"

"You're 2 month old daughter." John spat."

"JOHN!"

"E-Excuse me?"