Chapter Ten: Happily Ever After?

I know it's been a long time coming but I promised to never leave a story unfinished so here I am. I hope you like it, it is in fact the end of this story but I think it came out as simple and sweet as I wanted it to. Thank you all so much for reading. Please leave a comment.

****************************************

"Come on Liebling, Theo almost has the vault open and your brother should be finishing off Karl any moment now." He said, helping you stand.

"I don't understand how you can be so uncaring about these men being killed. You've worked with them for how long and you just led them to their deaths."

"Meeting them, working with them, its all been for one reason. To be able to be with you, to be able to be with the women I love. And now that I know I have a child, a beautiful baby girl I will not let anything or anyone get in the way of that happening. We are going to have the life we deserve together. A big house with an enclosed front porch so we can sit outside and watch the day go by without getting bitten by bugs or getting sunburnt. We're going to sit inside on cold days and curl up in a warm blanket while we drink tea and watch movies. We're going to watch our baby grow and maybe one day have another. We're going to be happy. That makes all of this worth it." He assured you.

"Promise me, after tonight nothing else like this. Ever. No stealing, killing, hurting anyone. I just wanna be a boring family."

"Liebling I've had enough excitement in my life to last a lifetime. The only excitement I want to experience is from chasing our children around the yard and hearing my wife tell me she loves me. I'm ready to settle down and be a normal boring domestic couple. I'm ready to truly live, and I can only do that with you by my side." He caressed your cheek with his thumb and kisses your forehead. He took your hand and lead you out into the hallway and to the elevator where you went up to meet Theo at the vault.

Once reaching the vault Theo furrowed his brows at you both. He looked around behind you to see if the others were following but when he didn't see them he looked back at Hans.

"What happened to the others?" Theo asked.

"Mr Cowboy was more of a threat than we thought. He killed the others but we made a deal with him. We won't kill the hostages as long as we get to take the bonds. We also negotiated for you. You get your share of the bonds and make it out with the hostages. You avoid prison and death and leave here a rich man." Hans explained.

"He killed them and you made a deal with him?" Theo asked, clearly not buying it.

"It was either risk losing everything we came for, risk dying or make a deal that benefited us all. I made the smart decision. Put your bonds in a bag and follow Me Cowboy here. He'll take you to the other hostages. You'll all be taken out to the car in the parking deck where he will get you all out of the building." Hans said, motioning towards John who had just shown up.

"What about you and the girl?" Theo asked.

"I've hot wired many cars in my life Theo, I can get one of those cars working fairly quickly. I've been the face of this operation. If I try to leave with you and the other hostages they'll rat me out before I hit the street. Me and Y/N need to leave separately." He patted Theo's shoulder. "You've done good my friend. This life isn't for you, you're a good person. You have all the money you need now, use it to get out of this life."

Theo nodded and hugged him. "Be safe, I'm happy for you. I know this is what you wanted." Hans smiled.

"You need to tell me where you end up. Call me on a payphone, send me a letter. I don't care. I need to know where my sister and niece are. I need to know you're safe." John pleaded as he stood in front of you.