occupying the curb

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

∞༺♡༻✧

george hadn't bothered to learn the time difference between him and the uk. he'd cut off contact with his 'friends' back home and had no intention to communicate with his father, so he really had no need to know what time it was there.

all he knew is that they were a good few hours behind him- so when his dad messaged at just past midnight, george could only assume it was mid-afternoon/evening there. not that he cared.

the message read, "any pretty girls there?"

it was taunting.

no, "safe flight?" or "how's the neighbourhood?" rather, his father felt it necessary to message asking about girls. it was annoying.

george threw off his bedsheets, grabbing a pack of cigarettes out of his bedside cabinet, followed by a random lighter out of the box under his bed, and pulled on a t-shirt before heading downstairs.

he didn't feel the need to reply to the message. replying took effort, and george's dad didn't deserve his effort.

george stepped out his front door, carefully pushing it shut before hearing his name being called from over the road.

he turned to see quackity sitting on the curb, passing a joint up to a tall blond that he didn't recognise- presumably a friend of the ravenette.

the brit made his way over the road towards the pair. "hi quackity," he smiled, looking over to the stranger, "hi, i'm george."

the taller boy nodded kindly in response, pulling out his phone as he replied, "i'm punz."

george was usually one to start conversation, but the blond seemed to be busy typing something out on his phone so he just left it, dropping down onto the curb beside the ravenette and getting out a cigarette.

"you can have a joint if you want," quackity offered, kicking at the bag in front of him.

"i'm good thanks," george dismissed politely, bringing up a hand to block the non-existent breeze as he sparked up the cig- it was routine from the cold british weather.

punz pocketed his phone, looking down at the pair. "yo, your lighter's sick," he complimented, gesturing towards the detailed piece of metal.

"oh thanks," george smiled, looking down at it. "i have tons, you can have it," he offered, holding it up to the blonde.

punz shook his head, honestly taken aback by the unexpected offer. "no, no, i couldn't," he declined quickly.

"no, seriously," george assured, holding up the metal closer to blond, "i have loads."

punz couldn't hold back the wide grin as he took the lighter from the brit, "thanks, man."

"anytime," and it was an honest response. george had more lighters than he did clothes, and seeing the blonde's happy expression was totally worth the loss of some old metal.