the plan's execution

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

∞༺♡༻✧

it was around seven in the evening when george found his way to dream's car, immediately fighting with the blond over who should get the aux.

"it's my car!"

"listen, dream. you wanted me to come," george reminded him, "so i should get the aux."

"ugh, fine," dream agreed reluctantly, handing the cable over, "you better play something good."

"all of my music is good," george replied, the opening to little freak by harry styles filling the car as dream reversed out of his driveway.

"not what i expected from you, honestly," dream admitted.

"what can i say?" george chirped, "i'm unpredictable."

"okay, sure you are, little mister grey joggers and an oversized t-shirt," dream joked, earning himself a playful slap to the arm.

the pair drove around aimlessly for just over an hour and a half, singing along to george's songs and speaking about anything that came to mind before deciding to stop for food.

they went through a mcdonald's drive-thru, pulling over in the carpark to eat.

"can i uhm, tell you something?" dream asked awkwardly, staring down at the food on his lap like it was going to grow arms and use them to murder him.

"yeah, of course," george replied, holding a hand over his mouth as he chewed a fry.

"do you promise you won't take the piss?"

"is it something funny?" george wondered, the other shaking his head in response, "then no, i won't take the piss."

"i uh-" dream paused, looking for the right words, "i can't eat in front of people."

"what do you mean?" george asked, suddenly becoming aware to the fact that he had never seen the blond boy eat.

"it makes me anxious," dream replied, looking between george and the food on his lap. "i think it's because i had an eating disorder when i was younger and so i feel like people will judge me for eating because i look fat, or something," he tried to explain, "it's stupid really."

george's eyebrows were furrowed when dream looked back over at him. "it's not stupid at all, dream," he spoke clearly. "i'm really sorry you had to go through that," he apologised, undoing his seatbelt and moving so he was sat cross-legged, facing sideways out the window, "is this better?"

dream smiled at the back of george's head, heart pounding in his chest - for all the right reasons. "yeah, that's perfect, thanks," dream replied, unwrapping his food.

it wasn't long until the food was finished with, trash discarded in the backseat, and they were driving again.

"could you get me some gum out of the dashboard?" dream asked, gesturing briefly to the small compartment in front of the brunette.