rainy day

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

∞༺♡༻✧

dream blinked his eyes open with a groan - he felt awful.

and to make matters worse, the first thing he heard was the downpour of rain outside.

he supposed it was bound to come eventually- they were a few weeks into the summer already and this was the first rain they'd had.

dream hauled himself out of bed, pocketing his phone into his pants and heading to his wardrobe to pull on a hoodie before realising it was still far too hot for that.

his head was ringing as he made his way down the stairs, heading straight for the medicine cabinet to grab some advil.

he checked the time on his phone as he filled a glass with water to see it was already midday, quickly taking the advil before sending a message to punz asking if he wanted to hang out.

the read receipt popped up, followed by the typing symbol, before his phone screen went black.

dream rolled his eyes. curse drunk him for not remembering to plug it in last night.

he finished his water, discarding the glass into the sink before hearing his stomach growling at him - a not so gentle reminder that he was hungry. the blond dropped his phone into his pocket, moving across the kitchen to cut up an apple into a bowl.

he was about to eat before hearing someone coming down the stairs, quickly shoving the fruit into his fridge for later and turning to see phil coming into the kitchen.

"your mom's out and i've got to head to a work meeting," the older man started, pulling on his coat in a rush. "i think tommy needs a lift out so could you take him?"

"yeah, of course i can," dream smiled, saying goodbye to his dad and watching him leave, tommy coming in just seconds later.

"please can you give me a lift?" the younger boy asked with a pleading expression.

"hm, i'm not sure," dream hummed thoughtfully. he was obviously going to but he'd rather be difficult. "where do you wanna go?"

"just to the diner."

"why can't you just walk?"

"because it's raining."

"okay fine," dream sighed dramatically, stepping past his brother to grab the car keys. "is it just you that needs a lift?"

"no, holly's coming too," tommy answered, following the taller boy to the front door. "i was going to ask if we could stop at her's on the way."

"just holly?" dream asked suspiciously, pulling open the door and stepping out onto the porch.

"yeah."

both boys moved quickly to get into the car, avoiding staying in the rain for too long.

"why aren't tubbo or boo coming?" dream questioned as he started the car, leaning against the passenger seat as he reversed.