shitty parent squad

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

∞༺♡༻✧

"i'm popping to the shops," schlatt announced, looking sternly at the two boys eating breakfast, "callahan isn't having a good day so you can either go out or just stay out of his way."

"that's fine," karl nodded, "we were going to go over to sap's house anyway."

"alright, that's good then," his dad smiled, grabbing some reusable shopping bags, "make sure you clean your dishes when you're done."

"yes sir," quackity playfully saluted, earning himself a laugh from the older man as he left the house.

the pair finished their breakfast, karl trying to convince quackity to just leave the bowls but ultimately having to wait while the ravenette washed up, before quietly heading upstairs to get ready for their day.

they were just about to walk into the bedroom room when a large bang echoed through the usually silent house, the brunette instinctively retreating back into his friend's arms. "you're okay," quackity assured the taller boy, holding onto him tightly, "i got you."

"sorry," karl quickly apologised, relaxing into the embrace. "i'm fine, it just made me jump," he assured the ravenette, stepping out of the hug.

"was that calla?" quackity asked, looking down the hall towards the older boy's room.

"sounded like it," karl sighed, obvious worried, "i should go check on him."

"alight, i'll wait in our room."

karl was gentle when pushing open his brother's door. "you okay?" he asked, stepping fully into the room to see the taller boy sitting in the corner of his room, pulling at his hair. "calla, what's wrong?"

the older boy looked up, gesturing towards the drawer that had fallen out of his cabinet- he'd clearly pulled it out too fast.

"did it startle you?" karl wondered, his beliefs being confirmed by a weak nod. "okay, i'm going to walk past you to put it back, alright?" another nod.

the younger boy carefully made his way around the room, picking up the drawer and sliding it back into place as quietly as he could.

"you need some some rest, calla," karl advised, turning back to his shaky brother. "do you need some help getting into bed?"

the older boy quickly shook his head, holding up his hands to tell karl not to go near him.

"okay, okay, i won't touch you," karl promised, "do you want me to leave?"

the brunette looked guilty as he nodded, but karl knew that space was the best option for him right now.

"okay, i'm going out but dad should be home in like five minutes and i'm only going to sap's," karl explained, "text me if you need me."

he waited to receive an understanding nod from the older boy before dismissing himself back to his room where quackity sat, all dressed and ready.